Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2021 2:54:05 PM EDT
If you had to choose between the small or large aperture, which would you choose?
I have a YHM low profile rear flip up.  One of the apertures is vertical while in the down position, barely keeping my scope from seating.

I am thinking about dremeling one of the aperture off/ down.  I have been looking for a single aperture to swap it out with, but haven't found any.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 5:54:41 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a back-up sight. I leave it folded down. The only time I will ever use it is if the scope breaks.

IMO there isn't any reason to modify it. How much time is it going to take to simply flip to the large aperture after you removed the scope?
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#2]
In the down position, the aperture that is verticle prevents the scope from mounting.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#3]
For back up I'd sacrifice the small aperture.

How much clearance are we talking?
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 8:08:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Could you cut it in half? Then just level the sight posts for shooting
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 10:50:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:38:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 4:41:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Could you cut it in half? Then just level the sight posts for shooting
View Quote

I could cut it in half.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 1:38:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I’ve had the same problem as the OP.  Easy solution, TROY BUIS don’t have that problem and neither do my favorite, the Midwest Industries Combat sight.  The TROY will only fold down flat when the aperture is folded properly while the MI has only one aperture, not big, not small.  Small enough for accurate shooting yet big enough for fast low light shooting; absolutely the best of both worlds.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 2:35:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks, I was looking at these, but didn't want to spend any more, LOL.
I see the MBUS looks like it would fit as well.  I do have a set of MBUS Pros on another build, but they are pricey as well.

I'll take another look tonight.
Thanks

Went ahead and ordered the MI Combat Sight.  I'll throw the other one in the box for another build.  

Thanks All.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top