User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/12/2018 4:26:01 AM EDT
They've got some new stuff coming and it looks interesting:

https://www.realavid.com/shop/category/gun-bench-tools
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 8:16:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for posting the link.  These tools do look interesting in that it solves some of the issues we all have assembling/disassembling AR's that we have to work around.  Prices seem to be on the high side, so I bet a lot of us will pass because we have developed good enough work-arounds to not need these tools.  The bench block, though, looks like a winner to me.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 2:47:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm jonesing after that wrench as I need a second one to do things my Magpul wrench will not.

The pivot pin install tool likely tackles the "point of no return" issue of the pin and spring jumping out as you're pushing the pivot pin against a clevis pin or competitor's tool. I have both the wheeler tool and a clevis pin and I either get it on the first try (rarely) or get it after five or six tries (luckily I've only lost one detent).

I also like their version of the Reaction Rod (at a lower price point)
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 3:46:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I like that their version of the Reaction Rod has some degree of support for the upper, though it is very minimal and I really don't know why some designers like to skimp in this area. I don't like that the whole main body of the tool including the barrel extension engagement portion is made of aluminum.

(TOOL SNOB ON)... Though I do own the Geissele Super Reaction Rod (which wasn't good enough for me), the Windham Weaponry barreling jig and the 2UniqueLLC barreling jig, which I clamp in my $569.00 Wilton Machinist Vise and the only torque they ever see comes from Snap-On torque wrenches... So, obviously any affordable versions of these tools leaves something to be desired. (TOOL SNOB OFF)...

I'm just kidding of course, I can't ever turn my tool snob off.
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I just bought the armorer's wrench this week. Pretty happy with it so far. The handle "scales" are plastic but the rest is steel. Solid feeling and hefty. I'm not sure how secure the replaceable hammer heads will be. They pop out easily enough (not when you don't want it) and seem secure in the head. They work kind of like a socket on a ratchet. We'll see after some extended use how they hold up. I agree that its a bit pricey. I got mine from Joe Bob Outfitters.
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 4:46:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just bought the armorer's wrench this week. Pretty happy with it so far. The handle "scales" are plastic but the rest is steel. Solid feeling and hefty. I'm not sure how secure the replaceable hammer heads will be. They pop out easily enough (not when you don't want it) and seem secure in the head. They work kind of like a socket on a ratchet. We'll see after some extended use how they hold up. I agree that its a bit pricey. I got mine from Joe Bob Outfitters.
View Quote
That's where I'll purchase mine, too. JBO FTW They offer that 5% discount for first reponders, military, and veterans along with very fast first class shipping (if applicable). In fact, i just got a little package today from them which was ordered Tuesday afternoon.

That wrench is thoughtfully designed with the 1/2" torque wrench socket located immediately next to and inline with both the castle nut wrench opening and the dual barrel nut wrench opening.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 1:48:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I just ordered the Master Armorer's Wrench and will post a review once I receive it and use it.

the teeth on the castle nut portion appear to be identical to that of the Magpul Wrench: you can either completely cover the castle nut or the offset side allows clearance for tightening the nut when using 'oversize' end plates such as the ASAP. And of course it will fit the KAK Shockwave tube.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 2:40:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm interested in the pivot pin tool.  Lately I've been using a 1/4" clevis pin to hold onto pins and springs.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 4:26:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Found a short SHOT Show vid:

AR Armorers Master Wrench from Real Avid - SHOT Show 2018
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 8:34:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Primary Arms has it in stock. $9.99.

Edit: That's the pivot pin tool.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Primary Arms has it in stock. $9.99.

Edit: That's the pivot pin tool.
View Quote
The multiple views on PA's page for this item gives you an idea of how it works and it's pretty damn ingenious.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 10:10:13 PM EDT
[#11]
That armorers wrench looks quite nice and thought out.  I’m definitely going to get one.  I also like their little punch puck with the rubber outer cover.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 1:15:18 AM EDT
[#12]
That hammer wrench looks like it's trying to do too many things at once.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 3:09:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That hammer wrench looks like it's trying to do too many things at once.
View Quote
All armorer's wrenches look like that
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 4:29:26 AM EDT
[#14]
I'd really like to get their bench block if they ever release the damn thing.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 5:11:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Just got an email saying my wrench will be delivered today (Monday). I placed the order with JBO Saturday afternoon around noon.

48 hour turnaround time JoeBob done save me some delivery time!
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 4:35:52 PM EDT
[#16]
The wrench arrived this morning and it is AWESOME.

This thing is built like a tank.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 10:51:01 PM EDT
[#17]
I just want a tool that removes taper pins. Worst job by far on ARs.

"Bigger hammer", I know, I know. That doesn't always do it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 11:04:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
ADCO is my favorite tool for this.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 6:34:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

ADCO is my favorite tool for this.
View Quote
They aren't too far from me. Been there, they've done work for me, good folks.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 10:22:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

They aren't too far from me. Been there, they've done work for me, good folks.
View Quote
Oh man... If I had ADCO anywhere close to me I would go broke, but at least I wouldn't have to pay shipping.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 7:14:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Oh man... If I had ADCO anywhere close to me I would go broke, but at least I wouldn't have to pay shipping.
View Quote
They aren't dangerously close... couple hours. If you break it down, shipping is likely far cheaper depending on what you drive.

Now Jagerwerks... they are practically in my backyard. That's dangerous.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 4:37:04 PM EDT
[#22]
I tried to buy one of the armorers but couldn’t find it in stock anywhere.  I called Real Avid and asked about the tool.  They told me it would be awhile before anymore we’re available.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 5:12:38 PM EDT
[#23]
If you're not already registered with JoeBobOutfitters do so and do an email alert when back in stock. They give 5% off to all military, veterans, and FD/LEO. Their shipping is unbelievably quick.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 8:20:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
I imagine a jig can be built to hold the fsb, and an arbor press could provide enough force to push out pesky pins.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 6:09:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I imagine a jig can be built to hold the fsb, and an arbor press could provide enough force to push out pesky pins.
View Quote
That's what i always imagine when I'm fighting stubborn ones. I just don't do it often enough to warrant the expenditure.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top