[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By EggyMean:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s4Bej7jci8
View Quote

FATF.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:53:38 PM EDT
[#2]
they are going to be shooting many peoples dogs.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:57:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By rpoL98:
View Quote

Like bump stocks, it will be a non-event.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 11:10:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bigger_Hammer] [#4]
Trump Bump Stock Ban ...

The "Gift" that will let BATFE keep on kicking the 2nd Amendment in the nuts over & over & over & over & over & over ...  ...  ...  ...

Link Posted: 1/26/2022 11:12:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Bigger_Hammer:
Trump Bump Stock Ban ...

The "Gift" that will let BATFE keep on kicking the 2nd Amendment in the nuts over & over & over & over & over & over ...  ...  ...  ...

View Quote

yup
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 11:51:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By rpoL98:
View Quote

Like me, my dogs are trained and prepared…
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:54:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 5:13:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AK_Mike] [#8]
I ran into another guy at the range, thought his FRT didn't work, always a single shot.  I asked to try the rifle and it ran fine.  He was just slapping his trigger too hard.  Another reminder your problem might not be any of the hardware involved but the fact you are simply squeezing the trigger too hard.  And I really don't understand people who slap the trigger instead of keeping their finger in contact, another good way to get it to fail.  Be gentle.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 5:25:18 PM EDT
[#9]
BAFTE
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 8:22:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By AK_Mike:
I ran into another guy at the range, thought his FRT didn't work, always a single shot.  I asked to try the rifle and it ran fine.  He was just slapping his trigger too hard.  Another reminder your problem might not be any of the hardware involved but the fact you are simply squeezing the trigger too hard.  And I really don't understand people who slap the trigger instead of keeping their finger in contact, another good way to get it to fail.  Be gentle.
View Quote

So true. I don't know if people are just griping hard because they are waiting for full auto? I actually added a reg trigger disconnect spring to bring the trigger up to 5 pounds. I actually prefer this trigger at that, normally I'm into lighter triggers.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 12:06:59 AM EDT
[#11]
One of two new vids about ATF on FRTs.

ATF Gets Marching Orders For Forced Reset Triggers! It’s Happening!
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 1:41:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: samuraiadamxm177] [#12]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ALNk-jDdrI

Latest update from Rare Breed CEO 1/27/2022
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 1:55:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By samuraiadamxm177:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ALNk-jDdrI

Latest update from Rare Breed CEO 1/27/2022
View Quote

Not much of an update, but I guess he doesn't know anything more than we do until something happens.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 6:04:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Malum-Prohibitum:

Not much of an update, but I guess he doesn't know anything more than we do until something happens.
View Quote

Pretty much. We are just about at the line though. Whether we hold or fall back is going to set the tone for what happens wayyy beyond forced reset or “fast” triggers.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 9:15:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Did the GD thread get nuked?
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 12:39:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Legal battle involving AR-15 trigger has Chandler-based company concerned
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 1:26:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By realwar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnDTOxxU8mQ
View Quote

$450-600, nice deal for the shop especially if they get some kind of discount for quantity from RB.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 5:40:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By realwar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnDTOxxU8mQ
View Quote

FATF.

And any media outlet exposure at this point is probably a good thing. Once the technical position of the case is shown, how can you not say this isn’t a semi-auto trigger? The fucking AFT can keep up with their “no comment” BS.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 9:25:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Rare Breed FRT15 WOT adjustable locking bar
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 12:08:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 10:52:51 AM EDT
[#21]
So what is the ATF doing?

They got their panties in a bunch enough to send the cease and desist letter.  They prevailed against Rare Breed's attempt to enjoin them.

What are they waiting for?

They know these things are selling out as quickly as they can be manufactured.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 12:34:20 PM EDT
[#22]

They got their panties in a bunch enough to send the cease and desist letter.  They prevailed against Rare Breed's attempt to enjoin them.

View Quote

This is not correct.  The case was dismissed without prejudice because the parties failed to make a joint filing required by the judge's pretrial order.  That is actually very strange to me, and I do a lot of federal court litigation.  I suspect there was some kind of off the record conversation about it.  Rare Breed is free to refile, and they have announced their intention to do so.  I hope they hire a bigger legal team, and have someone with strong appellate chops.  The Fifth Circuit is pretty conservative and a good place to bring this.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 1:40:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By MikeDeltaFoxtrot:

This is not correct.  The case was dismissed without prejudice because the parties failed to make a joint filing required by the judge's pretrial order.  That is actually very strange to me, and I do a lot of federal court litigation.  I suspect there was some kind of off the record conversation about it.  Rare Breed is free to refile, and they have announced their intention to do so.  I hope they hire a bigger legal team, and have someone with strong appellate chops.  The Fifth Circuit is pretty conservative and a good place to bring this.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

If I understand correctly, the judge declined to enjoin the ATF precisely because all the ATF had done is issue the cease and desist. The judge didn't think that notice alone was enough to materially harm Rare Breed. Now, if the ATF DOES raid them, it would of course represent material harm due to lost revenue and whatnot, so the ATF can't really do anything to Rare Breed directly. That's why they are going after retailers besides Rare Breed who sell the triggers.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 4:23:40 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Do you have a copy of the order?   My recollection is more like Eggymean's, but I am open to being corrected.  My memory is a little fuzzy at this point, and I am not even 100% sure I read the order at this point.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 4:24:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Has anybody tried the Rare Breed FRT trigger in rifle with a Wylde chamber?  Would that be a bad idea due to the chamber being tighter?
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 4:32:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Has anybody tried the Rare Breed FRT trigger in rifle with a Wylde chamber?  Would that be a bad idea due to the chamber being tighter?
View Quote
Shouldn't make a difference.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 12:10:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By mPisi:
TommyTriggers claims to be shipping their Sefe-Semi-FRT trigger parts.  $350 in addition to the FRT you need.
https://tommytriggers.com/ols/products/the-ultimate-upgrade-for-the-rare-breed-trigger
https://old.reddit.com/r/gundeals/comments/sktq7s/other_tommytriggers_rare_breed_frt_3_position/
View Quote

Leaving you with a trigger that cost around $800 whe it's all said and done, just not worth it. Now, $125 for those parts? Yes please.

Also saw this pop up in GD:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/3D-printed-Forced-Reset-Trigger/5-2529667/
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 9:14:42 AM EDT
[#28]

What are they waiting for?

They know these things are selling out as quickly as they can be manufactured.
View Quote

I was at my local gun store the other day picking up a transfer and a guy walked in wanting a FRT. They did not have any (sold out a long time ago and have not got any more in). The guy working there said another store (about a hour drive away that I am not familiar with) got a visit from the AFT and they confiscated all the ones they had. I have never been to the store he was talking about, but I do not really have any reason to not believe him.

I have seen other mentions that the AFT is simply going after distributors/retailers and taking them away there, instead of directly raiding the manufactures. Why? No clue. Maybe they are worried about a legal battle, or simply biden their time.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 11:19:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Jeeps-And-Guns:
I have seen other mentions that the AFT is simply going after distributors/retailers and taking them away there, instead of directly raiding the manufactures. Why? No clue.
View Quote

Because the MFG is not giving them up. ATF has no warrant, so it is a voluntary surrender.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 11:53:35 AM EDT
[#30]

I was at my local gun store the other day picking up a transfer and a guy walked in wanting a FRT. They did not have any (sold out a long time ago and have not got any more in). The guy working there said another store (about a hour drive away that I am not familiar with) got a visit from the AFT and they confiscated all the ones they had. I have never been to the store he was talking about, but I do not really have any reason to not believe him.

I have seen other mentions that the AFT is simply going after distributors/retailers and taking them away there, instead of directly raiding the manufactures. Why? No clue. Maybe they are worried about a legal battle, or simply biden their time.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/13/2022 2:45:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By SageEBR:

Leaving you with a trigger that cost around $800 whe it's all said and done, just not worth it. Now, $125 for those parts? Yes please.

View Quote
$550 for the 3 position trigger or +$350 to upgrade your trigger,  $800 vs $30,000 M16?  I have both and think they are worth it. YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 3:19:25 AM EDT
[#32]
$550 for the 3 position trigger or +$350 to upgrade your trigger,  $800 vs $30,000 M16?  I have both and think they are worth it. YMMV.
View All Quotes

The $550 option is kind of moot if one had a RB trigger already unless they were looking to get another and $350 is most of a case of ammo so the juice doesn't seem to be worth the squeeze just to get an extra position, especially if someone stuck this on a dedicated/extra lower basically intended to go full forced reset all the time anyway which would cost less than half that if you didn't already have the parts sitting around for "free" in the first place. It's not that it's not cool, it's just a price point that doesn't make sense.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 4:34:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AK_Mike] [#33]

The $550 option is kind of moot if one had a RB trigger already unless they were looking to get another and $350 is most of a case of ammo so the juice doesn't seem to be worth the squeeze just to get an extra position, especially if someone stuck this on a dedicated/extra lower basically intended to go full forced reset all the time anyway which would cost less than half that if you didn't already have the parts sitting around for "free" in the first place. It's not that it's not cool, it's just a price point that doesn't make sense.
View Quote
Not worth it to you to have a third position for your trigger, well worth it to me and my multiple triggers.  Do I like paying that much more? No, but I sure as hell want a third position cause I have two duplicate lowers for each of my 3 FRT guns, one with FRT trigger, one with standard trigger for slow fire and I'm tired of having to have both. Instead of soaking up the cost of a full duplicate configured lower for each gun, I can ditch them and make them into full guns, and don't have to spend time or space swapping lowers back and forth.  $350 turns your novelty into something useful IMO.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:13:21 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Well, we are hearing stories like this - but are there any first hand accounts?  Where is the account from the gun store that had Agent Rosales walk in and demand all the FRT triggers, throw them in a bag, and walk out?

Vague rumors don't usually equal facts, especially on a legal issue like this.  

I mean, maybe it is happening, but I should think we would have at least one first hand account somewhere to read, watch or listen.  A first hand account with names, locations, a date, a time, and the name of the ATF agent.  That sort of thing.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 12:58:32 PM EDT
[#35]
I wish rare breed would break radio silence on if they'll offer an E3 "upgrade kit" for the current triggers. I'm trying to resist the urge to order one now just in case to see if they'll still support them. I have an original fostech echo that required the special bolt carrier but thankfully when they updated the trigger they allowed the original guys to upgrade too.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 8:57:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 9:01:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Cressida:
ATF raided Tommy Triggers today

View Quote

I would like to see the warrant.

Link Posted: 2/18/2022 9:28:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By RenegadeX:

I would like to see the warrant.

View Quote
Me too.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 4:43:21 PM EDT
[#39]
So back to discussion of the trigger and not the law... I took my FRT out to test with my Colt 941 clone I just finished. It was firing 2-3 rounds and then the BCG would hang up halfway on top of a round in the magazine. Pulling the charging handle to the rear would load the round and then I'd get another 2-3 rounds before it would do it again.

I'm guessing it's a bit under gassed. It appears it's ejecting but without enough power to get all the way back to pick up the next round. I did test the upper on a carbine lower with a milspec trigger I had with me and it functioned without issue.

Any thoughts on troubleshooting? My initial thoughts would be to go to either a LW BCG or reduced power action spring but I'm not sure what impact that will have on the FRT function. Given that it's a 941 clone I want it to stay with the rifle gas lower and original FSB so no adjustable gas blocks or carbine gas for this one.

Anyone have any thoughts or experience to share?
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Don't pull the trigger so hard.

That's it. That's my advice.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:53:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By J-Pat:
Don't pull the trigger so hard.

That's it. That's my advice.
View Quote

Yep, do not try to hold the trigger back.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:58:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By RenegadeX:

Yep, do not try to hold the trigger back.
View Quote
It is so weird how some people just straight up mash on a trigger, FRT or not, like they are trying to bend it or something, or the bullets go faster the harder you pull the trigger. Light press and ride the reset.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 6:10:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By jt526:
It is so weird how some people just straight up mash on a trigger, FRT or not, like they are trying to bend it or something, or the bullets go faster the harder you pull the trigger. Light press and ride the reset.
View Quote

The FRT made me stop asking why people are terrible shots.

A friend who hunts shot mine. "Why does it keep locking back?"

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 6:52:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Thanks for all the trigger pull tips but that's not the issue. I guess I should have specified up front that I've had the trigger for a while and have run it on several different uppers and carbine lowers without problems, so I know how to pull the trigger.

My guess is a combination of a slightly under gassed gun with the additional friction of the FRT trigger is causing the slowdown. If anyone has any thoughts on whether a spring, carrier or some other swap might help let me know
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 7:08:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By TheFaz:
Thanks for all the trigger pull tips but that's not the issue. I guess I should have specified up front that I've had the trigger for a while and have run it on several different uppers and carbine lowers without problems, so I know how to pull the trigger.

My guess is a combination of a slightly under gassed gun with the additional friction of the FRT trigger is causing the slowdown. If anyone has any thoughts on whether a spring, carrier or some other swap might help let me know
View Quote

Do you have  can you can put on it?  That should increase your gas pressure.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 7:24:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Good call. I have a gemtech halo I can throw on it. The M60 bipod might get in the way but I'll check. Thanks for the tip, I don't know why I didn't think of something so obvious!
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 8:36:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AK_Mike] [#47]
Originally Posted By TheFaz:
So back to discussion of the trigger and not the law... I took my FRT out to test with my Colt 941 clone I just finished. It was firing 2-3 rounds and then the BCG would hang up halfway on top of a round in the magazine. Pulling the charging handle to the rear would load the round and then I'd get another 2-3 rounds before it would do it again.

I'm guessing it's a bit under gassed. It appears it's ejecting but without enough power to get all the way back to pick up the next round. I did test the upper on a carbine lower with a milspec trigger I had with me and it functioned without issue.

Any thoughts on troubleshooting? My initial thoughts would be to go to either a LW BCG or reduced power action spring but I'm not sure what impact that will have on the FRT function. Given that it's a 941 clone I want it to stay with the rifle gas lower and original FSB so no adjustable gas blocks or carbine gas for this one.

Anyone have any thoughts or experience to share?
View Quote
Ease off on the trigger pull and use an extra power recoil spring (I use Wolff or SpringCo red)
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:20:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Would an FRT work on the cmmg banshee 5.7*28? It's got the radial delayed blowback bolt.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:42:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By RafterMan:
Would an FRT work on the cmmg banshee 5.7*28? It's got the radial delayed blowback bolt.
Thanks.
View Quote

As long as the back of the bolt carrier is a M16 cut then I would imagine it would work.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 1:18:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Getnlwr:

As long as the back of the bolt carrier is a M16 cut then I would imagine it would work.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Getnlwr:
Originally Posted By RafterMan:
Thanks.

Yes, there are videos of nice operation on Banshees in other calibers.
Page / 56
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top