User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 56
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 1:28:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IceChimp] [#1]
I don't have the time or money but someone needs to do this for fun:

CMMG .22 lr dedicated bolt/auto trip with their 4.5" barrel, borebuddy weight kit and an FRT 15.

NO buffer tube, no handguard, just a barrel nut.

Make 2x and dual wield for extra hilarity.

ETA: sights optional.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 2:54:20 PM EDT
[#2]
@elcope - back in stock.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:25:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Still in stock.
Alerted several friends and they all were able to buy two. It seems the cart would only allow two. But then they could go back in and order two more. This must be how these guys are buying a dozen at a time?
You can often find them on GB for just under 500 so the demand may have finally peaked. I know a LOT of people whose only problem was the price. Also, a hard sell for those who may already have a binary trigger. I totally get that. You shell out 400 bucks and think you have the shit, then along comes this out of left field and you're thinking WTF? That's when you hear the, "It'll be made illegal, it doesn't have a third position, I read that the springs break"......
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:00:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Ordered one for my SBR. Should be fun.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:21:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:39:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Ordered one for my SBR. Should be fun.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:16:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Info on triggers ordered after 3/1 according to rare breed:

Hi,
The modified locking bar solves the issue that some people were having with their locking bar springs in triggers that were manufactured prior to 3/1. The modification to address the same issue in triggers made after 3/1 is a very small bevel in the housing where the locking bar spring fits into the housing. The bevel creates more space for the spring to fit into the housing without having a kinking problem. It wouldn't hurt to put the modified locking bar into a modified trigger, but it isn't necessary.
Thanks for your support!

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 1:34:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By eric10mm:
~$22 for is rather steep in my opinion for non 2nd Day Air shipping.
View Quote

They wanted almost $30 for me. I paid $0.99 and got it from BDU. Less for the trigger and the shipping.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 2:00:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 2:06:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By PursuitSS:

I ordered mine in LATE April and it's equipped with the original style locking bar!
View Quote
Read the post again.  It says they modified the housing in newer units.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I ordered mine in LATE April and it's equipped with the original style locking bar!

Correct. Thank you.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:47:48 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I’ve seen a modified sear (locking bar) from rare breed and the newest ones I’ve been getting have like an egg shaped spring hole. It’s very frustrating to modify these as they’re very inconsistent in their location. It’s still kinks the spring...
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:49:44 AM EDT
[#13]
It’s very frustrating to modify these as they’re very inconsistent in their location
View Quote

I guess I'll have to see for myself as friends have several showing up this week. I don't see how my particular mod will be affected. Enlarging the hole only HELPS; it doesn't SOLVE the kinking issue. My particular fix, and some others as well, eliminate the kinking issue completely.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:39:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mjmensale] [#14]
Originally Posted By socommatthews:

They wanted almost $30 for me. I paid $0.99 and got it from BDU. Less for the trigger and the shipping.
View Quote

I was in the same boat. RB wanted $27 shipping. I joined BDU last night and bought a trigger this morning. The shipping was substantially cheaper and the trigger itself was also cheaper.

BTW, BDU has 58 in stock right know. When you search for the trigger it initially comes up as OOS. I clicked on the OOS icon and it brought me to the item page. I put one in my cart, paid for it and received a confirmation email. Hopefully I'll receive a shipping notice soon.

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 3:55:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Predictably enough I need to change my gas rings...
Please school me on helical 1 piece gas rings...
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 4:29:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By bellavite1:
Predictably enough I need to change my gas rings...
Please school me on helical 1 piece gas rings...
View Quote
McFarland makes one. I had an out of spec carrier that would eat regular gas rings. It ran great with the McFarland ring.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 7:10:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By mjmensale:

I was in the same boat. RB wanted $27 shipping. I joined BDU last night and bought a trigger this morning. The shipping was substantially cheaper and the trigger itself was also cheaper.

BTW, BDU has 58 in stock right know. When you search for the trigger it initially comes up as OOS. I clicked on the OOS icon and it brought me to the item page. I put one in my cart, paid for it and received a confirmation email. Hopefully I'll receive a shipping notice soon.

View Quote

Good luck. The same thing happened with a Wilcox G24 mount and J-arm for me. Main page said OOS but when I clicked on the items it would let me add to cart. After about 2 weeks I cancelled it and got fro AU in 3 days, for less money

I cancelled my BDU membership after that. It just doesn’t same me any money.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:10:46 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

OoS at BDU now
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 4:13:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Still in stock at Rare Breed site.
Yeah, $22 for UPS Ground shipping is a dick move, but hardly shocking from this company.
PR and customer relations aren't exactly their strong suit.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 7:45:34 AM EDT
[#20]
I saw these for sale at the Tampa gun show 2 weeks ago.  There was just one guy at the table. No displays, one trigger on the table, priced at $400.

Seemed a bit strange, and these, as all other binary trigger are illegal in Florida.

The whole situation just screamed TARP!!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 7:50:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By socommatthews:

Good luck. The same thing happened with a Wilcox G24 mount and J-arm for me. Main page said OOS but when I clicked on the items it would let me add to cart. After about 2 weeks I cancelled it and got fro AU in 3 days, for less money

I cancelled my BDU membership after that. It just doesn’t same me any money.
View Quote

Got a shipping notice within a couple hours and it's already moving through the postal system. I only joined BDU for this specific item. I might pick up another one before my trial membership expires. Yeah, there are better places to buy most things.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 7:54:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Urikiri:

OoS at BDU now
View Quote

They were gone within a couple of hours. You're only 12 hours late.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 8:08:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Grock1911:
Seemed a bit strange, and these, as all other binary trigger are illegal in Florida.

The whole situation just screamed TARP!!!
View Quote

Technically this isn't a binary trigger but, yeah, still illegal thanks to ex-Gov Rick Scott. Glad I moved out a few years ago.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:07:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:40:26 PM EDT
[#25]
These triggers are NOT illegal in Florida. Rare Breed  has set up openly at two Florida shows. Table covered with them.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 7:20:18 PM EDT
[#26]
In stock email just showed up
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 8:47:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Jack007:
These triggers are NOT illegal in Florida. Rare Breed  has set up openly at two Florida shows. Table covered with them.
View Quote

The applicable statute is very ambiguous with its definitions. There's currently no case law that I'm aware of but...............

https://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2020/0790.222

790.222 Bump-fire stocks prohibited.—A person may not import into this state or transfer, distribute, sell, keep for sale, offer for sale, possess, or give to another person a bump-fire stock. A person who violates this section commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, the term “bump-fire stock” means a conversion kit, a tool, an accessory, or a device used to alter the rate of fire of a firearm to mimic automatic weapon fire or which is used to increase the rate of fire to a faster rate than is possible for a person to fire such semiautomatic firearm unassisted by a kit, a tool, an accessory, or a device.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 2:04:35 AM EDT
[#28]
I finally slowed it down enough to get single shots, kinda. Some singles, some doubles. I'm about 500 rounds into the trigger at this point, so I'm going to take it apart this weekend and see how my spring looks. Also going to swap out the return spring and make the pull a little heavier and see if I can get singles shots off easier.

Crappy video is crappy since I might have taken this on company time....allegedly

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:35:55 AM EDT
[#29]
It will be interesting to see how that spring looks after 500 rds.
If you see even the SLIGHTEST kinking then it needs to me modded or it will eventually fail. Now, eventually may turn out to be a long time.
Keep us posted!
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 2:03:03 PM EDT
[#30]
It will be interesting to see how that spring looks after 500 rds.
If you see even the SLIGHTEST kinking then it needs to me modded or it will eventually fail. Now, eventually may turn out to be a long time.
Keep us posted!
View Quote
It's lived in 2 different guns, but it looks ok so far. I swapped the trigger return spring, hopefully I can test it out next weekend

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:31:38 PM EDT
[#31]
That pic makes it look like you have one of the newer factory modified ones?
My friends just got a few in. All modified slightly differently. Some look like the spring can't possibly crimp now. Nice and smooth. But a couple the spring is sitting at an angle and feels rough and crunchy. Terrible QC on the part of Rare Breed.

Also, I viewed the help videos that the president filmed. Is it just me, or does he come off like an arrogant cocky prick? May be a great guy...just MY impressions.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:40:42 PM EDT
[#32]
That pic makes it look like you have one of the newer factory modified ones?

View Quote
Nope, one of the originals ordered at the end of December.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 7:08:35 PM EDT
[#33]
We put two RB FRT's in BAD Workhorses today. Both ran flawlessly with multiple mag dumps / single shots (well trying). It was a ton of fun minus the $$$ in ammo!!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 9:56:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
With a regular carbine buffer, you're probably running into bolt bounce.  They're notorious on full auto setups for having bolt bounce problems.  I would drop an H2 in and see what happens.
View Quote

No luck with the H2 or H3 buffer but solved the problem. It was the Tool Craft NiB bcg. Dropped in a new bcg, also a TC NiB, and it ran great. PSA premium also ran great. Put the old bcg in another upper and the problem came back. Swapped on another lower also just to be sure. I assume that bcg was out of spec just enough not to reset the hammer when pulling the trigger. Didn’t really expect that as that bcg has been solid on every other trigger.  
On a side note the Schmeisser S60 g2s ran just as smooth as the D60s. Well worth the $45.

ETA: ran great with all buffers including the carbine but the H2 seemed the RPM sweet spot on the 10.5”.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 3:24:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kro] [#35]
I purchased the modified locking bars but the pressed in pin doesnt seem to come out according to their instructions, anyone have any tips or tricks to popping it out to install the new block
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 6:32:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack007] [#36]
anyone have any tips or tricks to popping it out to install the new block
View Quote

Unfortunately you have no option but to use FORCE. Make sure you have a sturdy flat surface and a quality correctly sized punch. Unless you have a soft jawed vise, you may have to have someone hold onto it. Cheap Chinese punches may bend.
As stated below, pin isn't tapered but one hole is reamed tighter than the other. So it will come out MUCH easier if you drive it out from left to right. Drive it OUT from the BLANK side of the trigger. Drive it back IN from the Rare Breed logo/patent side.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 6:46:48 AM EDT
[#37]
I use a short starter punch to get it started.

Does anyone know what size retaining screws are for the hammer and trigger pin?

I'm thinking 4-40 x 1/4" but I don't have my thread pitch gauge here.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 7:17:22 AM EDT
[#38]
I use a short starter punch to get it started.
View Quote

Now THAT'S an EXCELLENT idea!
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 8:14:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Pretty sure the pin isn't tapered. I never noticed a difference on the pin diameter.  The hole diameter is different on either side. The thicker side is the tighter hole always drive out from that side, and do the opposite on reinstall.  Meaning drive the pin starting from the thin side.

Directly from their website:

URGENT NOTE: Please note that the Locking Bar is installed with a slip fit / press fit pin as one end of the Locking Bar Pin has a larger diameter than the other end. As such, the Locking Bar Pin must be removed and replaced correctly or damage to the housing will occur. The Locking Bar Pin must be removed and re-installed from the shooter's right side of the trigger housing (the side of the housing that is engraved with the Rare Breed Trigger name and patent number). When removing the pin, it must be knocked out from the shooter's left side of the housing (the blank side of the housing). When re-installing the pin, it must be pressed in from the shooter's right side of the housing (the side of the housing that is engraved with the Rare Breed Trigger name and patent number).
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 10:29:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Think of it operating the same direction as the pins that hold the upper receiver to the lower receiver.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 11:17:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By 14point5:
Think of it operating the same direction as the pins that hold the upper receiver to the lower receiver.
View Quote

That and traditionally removal of pins - tapered or not - has been L to R. I'm sure I could think of a few counter examples but in general if things are up in the air it's the direction to try first.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 11:57:44 AM EDT
[#42]

Technically this isn't a binary trigger but, yeah, still illegal thanks to ex-Gov Rick Scott. Glad I moved out a few years ago.
View Quote

We're coming up next brother. Kemp will be defeated now that the left has activated their "never lose again" formula in voting machines. We'll get gap tooth or someone like her. Maybe even Atlanta's failed mayor? We're boned no matter who it is, but at least we have warning. Florida didn't have that.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 8:53:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 11:25:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Got it but ya, required a significant amount of force, hopefully it runs now.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 5:33:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Heineken:
Info on triggers ordered after 3/1 according to rare breed:

Hi,
The modified locking bar solves the issue that some people were having with their locking bar springs in triggers that were manufactured prior to 3/1. The modification to address the same issue in triggers made after 3/1 is a very small bevel in the housing where the locking bar spring fits into the housing. The bevel creates more space for the spring to fit into the housing without having a kinking problem. It wouldn't hurt to put the modified locking bar into a modified trigger, but it isn't necessary.
Thanks for your support!

View Quote

So, anyone have a pic of the beveled housing spring pocket?

Seems strange they wouldn’t just modify the locking bar design like others have done.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:33:21 PM EDT
[#46]
holy balls, read this, the comments: https://www.reddit.com/r/gundeals/comments/n9l6vz/parts_fart15_forced_reset_trigger_in_stock_380/
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 8:01:02 PM EDT
[#47]
I got mine two days ago. Installed it in my 10.5 SBR with a regular carbine buffer, and I attached my saker762 on the gun. Loaded. First round fired, then jammed. Ejected a live round. Next round fired, and same. Happened for five shots then I gave up. I’m guessing I need an H2 or H3 buffer, and I’m assuming the suppressor encouraged the problem.

Anyone had these troubles?
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 8:32:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HKPDW] [#48]
Originally Posted By telsonman:
I got mine two days ago. Installed it in my 10.5 SBR with a regular carbine buffer, and I attached my saker762 on the gun. Loaded. First round fired, then jammed. Ejected a live round. Next round fired, and same. Happened for five shots then I gave up. I’m guessing I need an H2 or H3 buffer, and I’m assuming the suppressor encouraged the problem.

View Quote

Could be bolt bounce.  I’d try a heavier buffer (H, H2 or H3).

Mine works great with an “H” buffer (800 rpm).

—————————————————————————

Anything more than a quarter trigger pull and you’ll cause it to run slow or, only fire one round.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

Try a heavier buffer and if that does not work check your bcg to locking bar timing.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 8:56:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EagleArmsHBAR] [#50]
I got mine two days ago. Installed it in my 10.5 SBR with a regular carbine buffer, and I attached my saker762 on the gun. Loaded. First round fired, then jammed. Ejected a live round. Next round fired, and same. Happened for five shots then I gave up. I'm guessing I need an H2 or H3 buffer, and I'm assuming the suppressor encouraged the problem.

View Quote
I had the same issues on a 10.5" upper with no suppressor.  I experimented with a standard carbine buffer, H2 and H3 buffers.  I noticed that the trip lever had some dings on it, so my thought was that the lower is out of spec (I know that it is to some point, but not sure how much) or that the bolt carrier is out of spec (Brownells retro slick side chrome carrier).
I hate that these won't fit in a Colt lower.
Page / 56
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top