Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2018 5:19:03 PM EDT
I finally got tired of the overnight bag I was using as a range bag.  It wasn’t ever right, but I carry more stuff now, which has reduced the available space from “a little” to “not much at all.”  So I bought a real range bag.  And I probably overdid.

I got a 5.11 Range Ready bag.  This thing is three times the size (maybe more) of the old bag, with lots of space in the middle for handguns, ammunition, and so on.  It has a compartment on the back with loops for 8 pistol magazines, and a separate, inner bag with movable dividers for guns, ammo, etc.  And it’s sturdy!

So aside from the usual eyes and ears, what do folks carry in their bags?  I have typically carried a few tools (small multi-tools, a few hex wrenches, GI cleaning rod sections), a stapler and spare staples, and some small, inexpensive binoculars.  I also have oil, hand sanitizer, some small towels, and 8 1/2 X 11 targets.  Am I missing anything?  Am I putting stuff in the range bag that should be in something else?
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 7:17:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Marker, sight adjustment tools, rag, screwdrivers for adjustable sights, screwdrivers for holsters
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 7:37:54 PM EDT
[#2]
blow out first aid kit.

I have a similar bag from midway but found I was just filling it to fill it. switched and now I use a 5.11 backpack. the big mag lives in the car with tools, prep stuff, mags, and 22 ammo for random range trips. The 5.11 gets filled as needed, then cleaned out. I don't need to take more shit than I can carry anymore.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 7:38:15 PM EDT
[#3]
extra batteries for ear pro, spare eye pro, magnifying glasses, antacids, bug repellent, ink pen or sharpie, aluminum cleaning rod & boresnake.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 7:46:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Oven mitt for my suppressor.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 8:38:51 PM EDT
[#5]
In for more info. Ive had the Midway bag for years, and its become such a pain to deal with because I overload it because its so big

I just need to minimize what I carry, but make sure Im carrying essentials.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 9:26:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the 5.11 bag will keep me from just filling it with stuff to fill it because of how it’s organized, but it’s definitely something to keep my eye on.

More tools, batteries, and the first aid kit are going in - once I get the right stuff.  I’m getting a better picture of what I need, and that’s helping a lot.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top