AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 3:56:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Radian, Anyway to get a Raptor-SD with RED handles? Also, will the 6.5" hand guards be available on the 3rd? I'll be putting in my builders kit order on the 3rd when the lowers are available again. Thanks!
View Quote
We only offer the competition Raptor with red handles, which is non-SD. You can definitely order a builders kit on the 3rd.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 4:03:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Kerry you deserve a shout out for your attentiveness. If your rifles are as good as your CS then I’m in for a good one. Thanks for the emails today. Helping us Va folks stock up as these laws hang over us.
View Quote
Thanks! I like getting good products into the hands of happy people. Lets hope these political issues blow over for VA.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 3:54:13 PM EDT
[#3]
So, I recently picked up an ADAC lower that I ordered back in November as I've heard good things and wanted to try one out.  After I brought it home, I finished it out, and replaced a Noveske GenIII lower (my preferred lower for builds/rifles) on my SPR.

All I can say is that it is one damn fine piece of kit.  Form, function, fit, finish....all exceptional.

It is not a complete rifle, so I won't post pics in the thread....but you guys absolutely nailed it.    And I'm a convert.   This is THE way.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 4:12:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Pic thread and I think I meet the minimum.... Raptor LT helping me get on paper at 50.

Link Posted: 2/5/2020 7:24:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So, I recently picked up an ADAC lower that I ordered back in November as I've heard good things and wanted to try one out.  After I brought it home, I finished it out, and replaced a Noveske GenIII lower (my preferred lower for builds/rifles) on my SPR.

All I can say is that it is one damn fine piece of kit.  Form, function, fit, finish....all exceptional.

It is not a complete rifle, so I won't post pics in the thread....but you guys absolutely nailed it.    And I'm a convert.   This is THE way.
View Quote
Oh just show us
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 12:31:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 8:38:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Not digging the longer, lighter barrel look. Think I’ll have to go back.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 3:44:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The builders kits will basically have everything pictured. Upper, lower, handguard, barrel nut, lower proprietary parts kit & Talon safety, dust cover, forward assist, takedown pins, and Raptor SD charging handle.

Prices will depend on length. Feel free to email me at the address in my signature for specific prices.
View Quote
Are you guys currently at the PNW Sportsman’s Show in PDX? I’ll leave my wallet at home Saturday if so.
You guys would crush it there. Only 45min north!
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 5:44:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Are you guys currently at the PNW Sportsman’s Show in PDX? I’ll leave my wallet at home Saturday if so.
You guys would crush it there. Only 45min north!
View Quote
We decided not to go this year. We needed some R&R after Shot Show
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 7:41:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

We decided not to go this year. We needed some R&R after Shot Show
View Quote
Forgot Shot just ended.
Yeah, that makes sense!
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 10:47:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 4:40:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Radian makes awesome stuff

When is your 11.5" upper coming
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 9:12:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
I ended up getting rid of that one. Another gun came up that I’ve wanted for about 9 years so I jumped on it. Still got this one and do love it though.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 2:17:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I ended up getting rid of that one. Another gun came up that I’ve wanted for about 9 years so I jumped on it. Still got this one and do love it though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, that was meant for @radkerry

I think Radian goes 10.5" to 14.5"
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 1:38:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sweet! Glad you love it!
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 1:40:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

We are planning an 11.5 Model 1 and complete upper, and an 11" builder kit. No scheduled release dates yet but hopefully later this year.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 1:41:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

We do have some more stuff in the works including 11.5 and 12.5 Model 1's/complete uppers
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 1:50:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

We do have some more stuff in the works including 11.5 and 12.5 Model 1's/complete uppers
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very nice.  Will be checking them out when released
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 6:16:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Had my Radian for a few years now. 16 inch, Radian Brown, Surefire Warcomp CTN instead of the Silencer Co FH.  It mostly sat in my pelican after deployment, and didnt shoot it since ammo in Alaska costs so much. So, I always pushed back shooting, and not bringing back ammo with me from my home of record. Started shooting it consistently every weekend about two months ago, and the rifle hasnt disappointed. I would post pics, but my rifle is stored off post at a buddies house, and the base is on lockdown with the current pandemic. I just rock an EXPS3 on it and getting ready to throw a Modlite PLH on her. The lower, and ambi controls for the price, especially a MIL/ LE discount makes pricing very competitive. It makes going with Radian a no brainer for the discount alone. With that price, in my opinion it beats any rifle out there. A KAC SR15 would probably be the only other contender in my eyes, and thats a different use rifle as some would argue.

Now, the only thing Im trying to solve is if I should go with Radian again for a 11.5 build. That MCX Virtus Pistol or a SR15 Pistol sounds very appealing as a hard use carbine. Price is also similar.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 5:30:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 10:55:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Had my Radian for a few years now. 16 inch, Radian Brown, Surefire Warcomp CTN instead of the Silencer Co FH.  It mostly sat in my pelican after deployment, and didnt shoot it since ammo in Alaska costs so much. So, I always pushed back shooting, and not bringing back ammo with me from my home of record. Started shooting it consistently every weekend about two months ago, and the rifle hasnt disappointed. I would post pics, but my rifle is stored off post at a buddies house, and the base is on lockdown with the current pandemic. I just rock an EXPS3 on it and getting ready to throw a Modlite PLH on her. The lower, and ambi controls for the price, especially a MIL/ LE discount makes pricing very competitive. It makes going with Radian a no brainer for the discount alone. With that price, in my opinion it beats any rifle out there. A KAC SR15 would probably be the only other contender in my eyes, and thats a different use rifle as some would argue.

Now, the only thing Im trying to solve is if I should go with Radian again for a 11.5 build. That MCX Virtus Pistol or a SR15 Pistol sounds very appealing as a hard use carbine. Price is also similar.
View Quote

Good to hear that you like your rifle. As soon as the quarantine stuff is over you need to go get it and put some rounds through it! As for the 11.5 build I would say those are all stellar options, and to me it would really come down to personal preference. If you're leaning towards another Model 1 when we release our 11.5, shoot me an email at the address in my signature and I'll get an order set up for you.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 10:59:44 AM EDT
[#22]

Beautiful firearms you have there
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 11:59:19 PM EDT
[#23]
I put in an order for an upper receiver/handguard combo to go with my lower on the 31st. I can't wait to get it and complete my Radian rifle. I'm loving my Radian lower so far. The ADAC is a game changer for me. I have a feeling it won't be my last one...
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 10:07:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Here’s mine.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 1:28:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Saw it listed in the EE. Would like to have it. Looks nice.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 5:54:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks. It does look great I just need to downsize. Plus I want a M203
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 4:58:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 10:26:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Anyone get one of the new builders sets yet?
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 7:06:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Anyone get one of the new builders sets yet?
View Quote

Just got mine back from coating
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:39:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:23:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Radian is Very nice but they are NOT better than LMT...

Top Tier along with LMT/KAC but also a entirely different type of rifle.

Radian uses a stainless steel barrel instead of a Chrome lined one.  

The Radian Rifle is also not built to be a light rifle - the handguard/barrel system is quite heavy compared to other Mlok uppers.

TO me...Radian Model 1 seems like more of a precision rifle than one built specifically for combat.    

But what do i know.  I definitely do want one - really I just want that ADAC lower.      

View Quote

I've had a AXTS lower since they made them. In on first pre-order that took forever, a few years later they changed their name to Radian. I built my own and have several thousand rounds through the lower and zero problems. I've also had several other of the rifles you've named. They are all the same mostly except for the ADAC feature and the aesthetics. I sold the other rifles and only have 2 now and my go to is the AXTS/Radian (lower only, the rest is Geissele, Battle Arms and Faxon) for the features and looks. Barrels can be swapped, that's why most of us like the AR platform. Arguing whether a rifle is better than another because of the barrel is nonsense. It's all in how you build it and use it. Experience can out shoot an expensive stick with a cheap one, doesn't matter the name. Now quality can be dickered over and while LMT and KAC make a quality product they aren't always focused on flawless machining. Seen many with minor defects, never seen a AXTS/Radian with flaws. I say to each their own, why bother with the pissing contest?  
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:34:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Would like a Radian hat tho. Ordered 2 AXTS hats right before the changed the name and logo . Collectors items I guess. Haven't been on in a while, nice to see them with a new thread. They took down the old AXTS thread.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Would like a Radian hat tho. Ordered 2 AXTS hats right before the changed the name and logo . Collectors items I guess. Haven't been on in a while, nice to see them with a new thread. They took down the old AXTS thread.
View Quote

AXTS hats are long gone unfortunately so you definitely have some collectors items. Our Radian hats have been selling like crazy as of late and it will be a while before we get more in. I have one of these sitting on my desk if you would like to order it: https://radianweapons.com/apparel/radian-trucker-hat-flag

Just shoot me an email (in my signature) and I will hook you up plus some stickers.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 9:56:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Would love one, will order in the future. Would be sweet to see a woodland camo, black mesh trucker hat with a big red Radian logo on it. I'd be in for a couple. Keep up the good work, have Talons and Raptors on both my rifles. I have an original Raptor, no laser engraving, came with the AX556. I remember the FFL guy saying "ohh, that's sweet. Gonna be very popular." Great to see you guys representing here in the forums. Like I said its been while since I've been on.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 4:03:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Would love one, will order in the future. Would be sweet to see a woodland camo, black mesh trucker hat with a big red Radian logo on it. I'd be in for a couple. Keep up the good work, have Talons and Raptors on both my rifles. I have an original Raptor, no laser engraving, came with the AX556. I remember the FFL guy saying "ohh, that's sweet. Gonna be very popular." Great to see you guys representing here in the forums. Like I said its been while since I've been on.
View Quote

We were actually discussing new hats with some camo options the other day, so that might be happening. I am a camo hat guy myself so I'm definitely pushing for that
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 8:55:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 8:56:03 PM EDT
[#38]
ARF keeps turning my pics for some reason.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 11:47:01 AM EDT
[#40]
I've always struggled with attaching photos.

Model 1
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 7:11:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I've always struggled with attaching photos.

Model 1
View Quote

Nice looking rifle!
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 7:18:04 PM EDT
[#42]

Like that camo job.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top