Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/25/2022 9:29:12 AM EDT
Does anyone here have a RRA  20inch 223W Varmint model? Wanted to hear what kind of accuracy you were getting with that bull SS barrel. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:46:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:58:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the 24" and it's the most accurate out of my over a dozen AR's. It has shot many groups under 1/2MOA at 100yds.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:20:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a 16” RRA varmint upper many years back and it is to this day this most accurate AR I have ever owned…consistent .5 MOA or less with FGMM ammo
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:32:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Generally speaking a lot of the RRA offerings are geared toward target/hunting accuracy.  I believe they use Wilson barrels in a good portion of their rifles Wilson does not equal Wilson Combat also.  RRA puts out a lot of accurate rifle if that is what you are looking for and it fits the bill go for it.  They are also not the only one to make good rifles and a lot of companies make excellent rifles.  
Have you considered the LaRue UU kit?  At least LaRue is not willing to sell out the 2A community like RRA and Springfield did.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 2:55:58 PM EDT
[#5]
What @EdgecrusherXES said is spot on…RRA did have some stupid stances back when and caught a lot of well deserved shit.  

The Larue UU kits are excellent and are as accurate as anything…mine will print 1 MOA or less with FGMM ammo….
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 3:35:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got one and while I haven't shot groups with it, I have made pretty consistent hits on a 10" plate at 900 meters with it.  

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 4:32:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What @EdgecrusherXES said is spot on…RRA did have some stupid stances back when and caught a lot of well deserved shit.  

The Larue UU kits are excellent and are as accurate as anything…mine will print 1 MOA or less with FGMM ammo….
View Quote

My first AR was a RRA rifle and the rifle has changed dramatically since I got it but core guts are the same the bolt, barrel, receivers, and small parts all have been changed.  I did change the trigger out when the RRA NM trigger started doubling/burst shooting and put a LaRue MBT in.  The barrel I got was a Wilson CL 1/8 16" that is HBAR past the gas block and bull barrel under the handguards.  It is stupid heavy but the rifle shoots so good I have never changed the barrel I just cut weight everywhere I could.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

My first AR was a RRA rifle and the rifle has changed dramatically since I got it but core guts are the same the bolt, barrel, receivers, and small parts all have been changed.  I did change the trigger out when the RRA NM trigger started doubling/burst shooting and put a LaRue MBT in.  The barrel I got was a Wilson CL 1/8 16" that is HBAR past the gas block and bull barrel under the handguards.  It is stupid heavy but the rifle shoots so good I have never changed the barrel I just cut weight everywhere I could.
View Quote
Which Wilson? Arms, Combat?

HBAR is gov't from gas block forward, and fatter than 0.875" under handguards to include a straight ~1 inch "bull" contour.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#9]
GTH
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:19:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Which Wilson? Arms, Combat?

HBAR is gov't from gas block forward, and fatter than 0.875" under handguards to include a straight ~1 inch "bull" contour.
View Quote

Wilson Arms
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 2:16:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Bull barrels on AR-15's are absurd.

Superb accuracy can be obtained at half that weight.

Look at White Oak Armament's SPR, Service Rifle, their heaviest 3-Gun profile or DMR profile barrels. All of these are hammers and won't ruin your portability experience.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 10:21:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Yep I’ve got one and like most have said, it is absurdly accurate!!
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 1:22:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Bull barrels on AR-15's are absurd.

Superb accuracy can be obtained at half that weight.

Look at White Oak Armament's SPR, Service Rifle, their heaviest 3-Gun profile or DMR profile barrels. All of these are hammers and won't ruin your portability experience.
View Quote
You have a point.  My long range AR with the bull barrel and 87 lb. optic and 53 lb. suppressor, gets pretty heavy going from the back of my car the 8 feet to where I'm shooting prone from.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:01:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Lol
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top