Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2021 5:21:08 PM EDT
Ok, maybe "quiet" isn't the best word......which flash hider sends the least about of "feedback" to the person behind the trigger?

Years ago I swapped out the standard A2 flash hider on my 16" rifle with a Miculeck brake.  It's the loudest most obnoxious brake I've ever had on a rifle. After a few mags, my jaw starts hurting....it's like it directs the concussion right back in your face.

I've decided to finally swap it out for something else. I still have that original A2 flash hider....but I thought I would check and see if there was anything that might be better for a range gun. Maybe some type of "liner comp" that directs the blast away from me??

Any suggestions?

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:12:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had good luck with the Noveske KX3 pig and the Surefire blast warden. Added weight but directs the blast downrange. Basically nothing back at the shooter and you won't piss off the people in the next lane.

I personally like the blast warden for flexibility.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:26:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Linear comps work but if you're indoors, the noise just bounces off the surroundings back to the firing line. They will reduce concussion laterally.

The best true flash hider I've seen is the BE Meyers 249.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:32:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ok, maybe "quiet" isn't the best word......which flash hider sends the least about of "feedback" to the person behind the trigger?

Years ago I swapped out the standard A2 flash hider on my 16" rifle with a Miculeck brake.  It's the loudest most obnoxious brake I've ever had on a rifle. After a few mags, my jaw starts hurting....it's like it directs the concussion right back in your face.

I've decided to finally swap it out for something else. I still have that original A2 flash hider....but I thought I would check and see if there was anything that might be better for a range gun. Maybe some type of "liner comp" that directs the blast away from me??

Any suggestions?

View Quote

According to the truth about guns evaluations using a decibel meter, i believe the AAc blackout was one of the quietest in terms of decibels (significantly quieter than bare muzzle).
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:15:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
......... and you won't piss off the people in the next lane....
View Quote

Had a range nazi who kept looking over my  shoulder until I lit off the first 308 round.
He quickly left....
Fruck them if they don't use ear protection as good as mine  
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:01:19 PM EDT
[#5]
The AAC Blackout is supposed to be relatively quiet per vuurwapenblog.com comparable to a linear comp but hard to find since AAC went under.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:21:47 PM EDT
[#6]
You aren't gonna notice much of a difference between the various flash hiders.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:22:08 PM EDT
[#7]
SMITH VORTEX
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:55:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Closed Tine WarComp
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:58:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
SMITH VORTEX
View Quote

Hands down best true flash hider, I have it on a 10.5 and it pretty much kills all flash at night.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:43:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Another vote for Smith Vortex
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:03:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm still a huge fan of the YHM Phantom. Top 5 flash suppression, no open tines to ring like a door bell, and a small amount of compensation.

(I have tinnitus and open tines drive me up the wall.)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top