Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2021 3:41:45 PM EDT
Gonna take a Bushnell 3so scope from another gun and mount it on an AR. 1" tube. What height rings would I use?
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:53:35 AM EDT
[#1]
All of my scopes are on 1.5" height rings.

You will find there is a variation on heights by some manufacturers, ie:  1.54, 1.505...but all of mine are in the 1.5" area

If you are looking for rings only, Badger Ordanance makes a great set of rings, I just set up my sons best friends AR using Badger rings....it came out great

Now I was shooting my 7.62 rifles this past week and I am finding the 1.5" ring height is a little low, for these rifles, so I am looking for something higher, but this is for my 7.62 rifles

Bronc
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:24:03 PM EDT
[#2]
problem with most scopes on ARs is height and eye relief

one piece mounts take care of this

LaRue CAN mount would solve both and if you dont like you can resell it for most of what you paid for

https://www.larue.com/products/lt204/
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:24:45 PM EDT
[#3]
1.5" from center of optic works even with a 56mm objective lens. The LaRue C.A.N. is the best priced QD mount right now. Now if you require a 20 moa cant, the LaRue C.A.N. doesn't have an moa option.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:54:32 PM EDT
[#4]
1.54, 1.70 or 1.93.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:41:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:09:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Gonna take a Bushnell 3so scope from another gun and mount it on an AR. 1" tube. What height rings would I use?
View Quote

If you don't need any cantilever these work well and are cheap
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:06:49 AM EDT
[#7]
If you are going to use the original rings you will need a scope riser. Precision Reflex Inc., GG&G, Evolution Gun Works and Leupold (among others) sell them. I would not use cheap scope rings or risers on a self-defense rifle. If you are trying to save money, don't.

Aero Precision sells 1" scope mounts for AR-15 rifles that use the the standard iron sight height of approximately 1.50". It won't allow you to swap back and forth between your bolt action like a riser will.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top