Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2021 12:52:30 PM EDT
I got a Shield with Crimson Trace light/laser combo installed.  I like it, but I want this to be both a home gun and CCW gun, so I kind of want a quick detachable light for home that I can remove for carry.  

I know the Olight PL-Mini 2 requires the SHR9 adapter to work with the Shield.

Anybody tried this combo?

Did it hamper the pistol's reliability in any way?

Any other options for a quick detach weapon light for the Shield?

Or should I just train to use a hand held flashlight with the pistol and ditch the weapon mounted light altogether?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:15:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I got a Shield with Crimson Trace light/laser combo installed.  I like it, but I want this to be both a home gun and CCW gun, so I kind of want a quick detachable light for home that I can remove for carry.  

I know the Olight PL-Mini 2 requires the SHR9 adapter to work with the Shield.

Anybody tried this combo?

Did it hamper the pistol's reliability in any way?

Any other options for a quick detach weapon light for the Shield?

Or should I just train to use a hand held flashlight with the pistol and ditch the weapon mounted light altogether?
View Quote

Pistols without integrated rails do not really have "quick detach" options. Normally, you would have to add a rail section like the SHR9 adapter, or your light/laser has to be locked securely in place around the trigger guard/frame. That being said, if you opt for the SHR9 adapter, you might not be able to find a holster that would accommodate the pistol and the adapter without a light. One thing I would suggest looking at is a holster that you can use with the laserguard pro attached. If you can't really find one, then I would think about maybe switching to a TLR-6? That combo has been around for a longer time and there are more holsters out there for it.

Also, i'm of the opinion you should always have some sort of hand held light with you regardless of other illumination tools you might have. You can't always pull your gun out when you need some light
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:19:04 PM EDT
[#2]
TLR6 and a holster to fit.
Done.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top