Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2021 1:39:13 PM EST
I'm currently finishing up buying parts for my AR9 pistol.   Originally, the Odin works AR 15 O2 M-Lok forend 9.5" caught my eye.  Unfortunately I can't find them anywheres...  But after a little searching i found the Odin Works AR 15 O2 Lite M-lok forend 9.5".  After looking at some builds with it, it really started to grow on me and I am considering it.  Does anyone have any negative experiences with the lite version of that rail?

I will be pairing it with a Spartan 9mm Side charging upper w/ LRBHO.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:31:12 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/21/2021 4:58:13 PM EST by ARgonot]
All of Odin's handguards are essentially the same other than M-lok vs Keymod, picatinny in locations and the preference of machining detail. I have one of their older 15.5" handguards with screw holes for picatinny segments and no M-lok or Keymod that is now discontinued. I really like it. Ya just install the barrel nut, there's a bit of indexing and simply slide on the handguard (screw it down).

In my instance I could not get my barrel nut to index properly. To solve this issue I bought a lapping tool. I lapped the upper receiver and then it allowed the barrel nut to index. Others may have used shims, but I don't regret purchasing the lapping tool. I have since lapped every one of my other ARs.
Top Top