Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2020 7:07:54 PM EDT
I just picked up a couple of SBRs with suppressors.

My question is:  How far forward can I mount a Surefire Scout light in relation to the suppressor without worrying about damage from heat during extended shooting sessions?  I have limited rail space to work with given they are SBRs and would like to mount the light as far forward as possible.  I just don't want to damage the light.

I'm kind of new to SBRs and suppressors so any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 7:11:11 PM EDT
[#1]
It'll be fine wherever as long as your aren't setting your can on fire and it isn't like resting on the suppressor.

Hell mount parallel if you want tohttps://www.trex-arms.com/store/Lightbar-Scout-Mount/
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 7:20:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Non-issue unless you're intentionally trying to get the can hot.

ETA having it near the muzzle device or can will beat up the finish or rattle can if thats something you care about

Link Posted: 5/16/2020 7:32:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.

I'm not too worried about the finish.  I just want to make sure everything stays functional.

I do appreciate the input and advice.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 10:11:10 PM EDT
[#4]
IWC
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 6:09:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Non issue with a good weapon light.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:26:25 PM EDT
[#6]
It will be fine. Even a decent finish will be fine.  You will get a build up of carbon that is sort of a pain to remove. Just dont try and just keep the lens clean is my suggestion.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top