Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/8/2022 8:59:50 PM EDT
I've seen some military photos of RMRs piggybacked on TA-31s and whatever optics the Marines mount on the M240 machine guns.

Did the DoD/Army/Marines pick and issue a standard RMR or are these unit purchased items?

Google says SOCCOM picked a SOCCOM picked a Trijicon Type 2 for their handguns.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 1:43:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've seen some military photos of RMRs piggybacked on TA-31s and whatever optics the Marines mount on the M240 machine guns.

Did the DoD/Army/Marines pick and issue a standard RMR or are these unit purchased items?

Google says SOCCOM picked a SOCCOM picked a Trijicon Type 2 for their handguns.

Thanks.

View Quote

The Marines use a the TA11SDO (3.5x) with a piggy backed dual illumination (tritium / fiber optic)  RMR. Not sure exactly which model RMR.

Some Australian Army units have used these on their updated AUGs though the Elcan optic is more common.

Some Army units use the Trijicon ECOS - a tan TA31 4x ACOG with a piggy backed RMR02 (3.24 MOA non-adjustable LED)

I’ve seen some UK Army units using the ECOS as well.

The SOCOM handgun optic the HRS is a tan RMR 06 type 2.  It’s not officially a piggy back optic but that doesn’t mean someone won’t mount one that way.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top