Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/15/2018 10:13:30 PM EDT
While surfing the web,I came across a website called Runner Runner guns who sells stripped a2 lower receivers with GM Hydramatic markings. I emailed them to find out if they would sell them in the white and they answered back that they will.  So my question is are there any ffl gunsmiths out there who can reprofile an a2 lower receiver to a1 profile???
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 12:05:02 AM EDT
[#1]
The only GM marked lowers they show are 80% lowers. The pivot pin area would be easy to do. The beefed up RE area would be a bit more nuanced to do correctly. Not impossible but probably best left to someone with a mill that is willing to do such.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 1:20:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, they do have them completely milled as title 1 lowers in black cerakoted. For 79 bucks,but they will sell the for $69.00 in the white also according to the email response they sent me. At that price, I may have to try my hands at reprofiling it to an a1 profile. My plan was to maybe do 1 retro gm lower and 1 mk12 mod 1 lower and have them anodized afterwards.i guess its  Just wishful thinking on my part.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 6:32:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Braceman?  Does he do these?
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 10:06:00 PM EDT
[#4]
If you could come up with a cheap A2, give that some grinder love and see how it turns out.  I would imagine that there will be some sales upcoming.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 7:02:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
,but they will sell the for $69.00 in the white also according to the email response they sent me. At that price, I may have to try my hands at reprofiling it to an a1 profile. My plan was to maybe do 1 retro gm lower and 1 mk12 mod 1 lower and have them anodized afterwards.i guess its Just wishful thinking on my part.
View Quote
They have them listed for $59 on their site...

Link
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top