Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2018 12:40:47 PM EDT
I was looking at the micro reflex sights today as well as EOTech. Are the micro reflex red its more for pistols or are they ok to use on an AR15?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#1]
My initial thoughts are..

If they can take the recoil abuse on a pistol slide, the would be find on an AR upper.

Next thought is, what mounting options are there for an AR?

There are some guys/ guns I have seen were guys are running really small 0x sights like Trijicon RMR's on their AR's..Those have mounts..MI and American Defense makes AR mounts for those.

ETA:

I was looking at the Vortex venom for my 8.5" pistol build and decided to stay iron sights only.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 1:02:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Some people use them on ARs.

I personally feel they are not robust enough for such use... It's not the recoil that concerns me... I just feel the physical durability is not good enough, at least on a 7lb duty rifle. One that may get banged around and possibly dropped.

I have heard stories of them breaking when the rifle lands on top of them when dropped.

That being said, there are a couple mount options I have seen, that have protective side plates, made for Micro reflex sights.

I suggest a full size sight. If you want the best/most open field of view, get something like an eotech.

I prefer the long battery life micro red dots personally.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 4:09:46 PM EDT
[#3]
The Leupold Deltapoint Pro is very rugged. The lens is encased in magnesium and then surrounded by spring steel.  Motion-activated, so I leave it on 24/7.  On my HD carbine it is primary.  Battery life in that mode has proven to be in years.

Much larger screen than Aimpoint micros.  I have a second one I run 45 degrees offset to a midpowered scope on my precision Recce.

Link Posted: 4/14/2018 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Virtually all micro reddots can be used on ARs if you wanted.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 8:37:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Leupold Deltapoint Pro is very rugged. The lens is encased in magnesium and then surrounded by spring steel.  Motion-activated, so I leave it on 24/7.  On my HD carbine it is primary.  Battery life in that mode has proven to be in years.

Much larger screen than Aimpoint micros.  I have a second one I run 45 degrees offset to a midpowered scope on my precision Recce.

https://s20.postimg.cc/vgyabhi2l/IMG_3170.jpg

https://s20.postimg.cc/lyzn6kunx/0_CD148_EA-5190-4140-_A123-9_FC5_A3_CDBCC2_zpsmgirarjc.jpg
View Quote
As a quick side note my DP pro with Delta reticle has been bomb proof in my g19 since they came out and the battery lasts about 9 months carried every day.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 11:11:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Deltapoint Pro is gtg
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 11:19:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I prefer as big a fov as I can get but they will work just fine. Makes for a nice slim light package.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 11:42:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/EbHgh5t.jpg?1
Deltapoint Pro is gtg
View Quote
Something to keep in mind is that they are not quite weatherproof like EOtechs, ACOGs and Aimpoints. If rain falls into the emitter hole, the projected dot is obfuscated. So for an all-weather primary SHTF optic... they are probably not the ideal choice. They make phenominal pistol, backup, and secondary CQB optics though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 10:36:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Something to keep in mind is that they are not quite weatherproof like EOtechs, ACOGs and Aimpoints. If rain falls into the emitter hole, the projected dot is obfuscated. So for an all-weather primary SHTF optic... they are probably not the ideal choice. They make phenominal pistol, backup, and secondary CQB optics though.
View Quote
Gosh, just shake it once and its clear.  Scopes and red dots fog or get mud on either the front or back lens.  You can use lens caps/covers.  That's what they are for.  Deltapoint has one too if operating in really nasty conditions.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top