Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Mine did. I only oiled it once, and that was a decade ago. Still dark.
View Quote

Mine won't hold it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:12:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Try using mineral oil.  Apply until the stock appears shiny and wet, then leave it in that condition for 24 hours before wiping off the excess and buffing it lightly with a clean shop rag.  Repeat the application once or twice if needed.

Then follow up with a CLP wipe down after each trip to the range.

This always works for me.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:44:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Here is another picture of my grey A2 stock from PSA after one coat of Break-Free CLP. You can see the difference.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:12:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got 3 A2/A4 stocks, 2 of them being the later grayish type and all of them are USGI. The one that is on my A4 will not stay dark, it isn't even black when I put a fresh coat of oil on it. Glad I found an earlier smooth texture A2 take off for my A2.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top