Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2021 8:44:04 PM EDT
Why would someone want a magazine designed for 30 but only holds 10?  I get the compliance issue, but why not just buy a 10 round mag?  Training consistency?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:53:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:14:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Because you have some 30’s the law says you shouldn’t, but you want to train out in the open with a mag that fits your mag pouches?

Dunno, just throwing a dart here.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:30:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Was wondering the same thing. It's different from a pistol mag that requires a certain minimum length. Isn't a dedicated 10 round mag around the min length required to fill the magwell? Mag puches are one thing, but is it worth the size and weight penalty when you only hold 1/3 of rated capacity. At least do a 20/10 to save some space. The aluminum 20rd mags are nice and compact.

I unknowingly picked up one of the MFT xtreme duty mags that had a 20 round limiter in it. Luckily it had the full 30 round spring so I was able to convert back to 30 with a little work. It was one of the only AR15 mags on the shelf at the time I was browsing Academy. Unknowingly, as in I saw the 20/30 on the label but it didn't click that it was a 30rd mag with 20rd limiter.

Training with 10/30's in a ban state sure gets you loads of reload drills in .
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 8:26:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Seems like one could easily remove the limiter if one were so inclined.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 9:30:35 AM EDT
[#5]
TFB Showtime on YouTube had a Magpul rep on and they said it only uses the 10rd spring. So you would need to remove the limiter and buy a new spring, possibly a new floor plate too.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 10:55:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Magpul has a 20 round 300 BLK magazine coming out, they should do 15/20 (15 round capacity, 20 round body, riveted baseplate) magazines, in both 5.56 & 300 BLK; because Colorado...?
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 2:01:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Just so you know, Magpul is likely making this ahead of time to be ready to expand this line to the rest of YOU. Be on the lookout for when they start to sell the limiter by itself in order to help Americans comply with AWB and Mag Bans.

Sincerely,

A friendly CA Resident
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 8:21:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just so you know, Magpul is likely making this ahead of time to be ready to expand this line to the rest of YOU. Be on the lookout for when they start to sell the limiter by itself in order to help Americans comply with AWB and Mag Bans.

Sincerely,

A friendly CA Resident
View Quote

This!
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top