Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/27/2019 10:47:05 PM EDT
Just got this KYWI and it looks defective.  Wasn’t sure if this was typical for the back webbing on these or not.  Looks like they used webbing with random holes in it.

Issue or non-issue?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 9:21:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Curious how you think it could be an issue other than aesthetically?
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 11:30:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Not typical. Probably shouldn't have passed QC and thrown in the blem pile. Won't affect function.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 12:22:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Curious how you think it could be an issue other than aesthetically?
View Quote
Any material that already has holes in it is more likely to have those holes get bigger with use and potentially tear through completely.  I was just curious if webbing typically has holes like this or if it’s defective.

I reached out to where I bought it from and they initially said it was defective, then they said it’s not defective.  They said it’s just needle holes, but would return it if I wanted.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 12:23:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not typical. Probably shouldn't have passed QC and thrown in the blem pile. Won't affect function.

CHRIS
View Quote
Thanks, Chris!  This is what I thought, as well.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 1:44:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Any material that already has holes in it is more likely to have those holes get bigger with use and potentially tear through completely.  I was just curious if webbing typically has holes like this or if it’s defective.
View Quote
This is the molle webbing on the back side where it mounts?

Once it is properly mounted, how could the holes in the middle of the webbing get bigger with use?
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 2:04:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This is the molle webbing on the back side where it mounts?

Once it is properly mounted, how could the holes in the middle of the webbing get bigger with use?
View Quote
It will have plastic belt clips and be going on and off different belts/locations.  Probably not an issue, I was just wanting to check.  The reason I was asking is because I’ve never seen holes in webbing of a brand new product before, and typically holes in material get bigger with use.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top