Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/10/2022 8:16:13 PM EDT
I have the full size primary arms SLX 3x magnifier.
I currently have it on the primary arms bolt on flip to side mount but I am looking for a QD mount.

Is there any bolt on QD mounts that fit this or do I need to use rings?
I want a flip to side
Must be QD
Also needs to have spacers or be lower 1/3 and also clear magpul pro iron rear sight

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:09:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This one should be the ticket for you

Mount
View Quote

Thank you…  any other options?
I was looking for something less than $150 but might have to pony up the extra cash if this is really the only option
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 8:43:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Only other one I can say that works for sure is an ADM one which will cost roughly the same or more. I'm in a similar boat to you, really not liking a fixed mount for my magnifer.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 9:32:25 AM EDT
[#4]
A fixed mount defeats the purpose of a magnifier in my opinion. The whole point is flipping it back and forth, otherwise why not just get a fixed power prism  for less weight and bulk…
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 11:40:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got a G33 QD mount up for grabs in the EE. Shoot me a message if you're interested.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 7:37:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Watch the qd mounts that point the lever back towards the charging handle. If you use the mount without a rear sight, the magnifier lever will be very close to the charging handle and make it hard to operate with your left hand. Noticed this on the vortex qd mount. I prefer flip to right so the magnifier is out of the way of my left eye but that puts the mount lever on the left side pointing toward the rear of the rifle up next to the charging handle. They can always be mounted more forward but with a shorter stock adjustment. I prefer a little longer stock setting.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 8:46:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I like ADM honestly.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 11:34:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't know wtf PA was thinking by making their only mount not QD.  Who tf wants a non QD magnifier mount.  I wanted one of these but it gets pretty pricy when you have to buy a g33 mount to have qd.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 8:13:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Watch the qd mounts that point the lever back towards the charging handle. If you use the mount without a rear sight, the magnifier lever will be very close to the charging handle and make it hard to operate with your left hand. Noticed this on the vortex qd mount. I prefer flip to right so the magnifier is out of the way of my left eye but that puts the mount lever on the left side pointing toward the rear of the rifle up next to the charging handle. They can always be mounted more forward but with a shorter stock adjustment. I prefer a little longer stock setting.
View Quote

Or a Flat Lever. My old SIG flat lever magnifier didn't interfere with the CH - but like you said, Vortex screwed the pooch with their "wave" lever. It still works for me, I just gave my finger enough space, but it's not 'exactly' where I'd want it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 7:47:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Op here: I am reporting back that the eotech sts g33 mount works perfect with the PA 3x SLX full size. All the spacers and screws work as well.
Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 12:20:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don't know wtf PA was thinking by making their only mount not QD.  Who tf wants a non QD magnifier mount.  I wanted one of these but it gets pretty pricy when you have to buy a g33 mount to have qd.
View Quote

Usually PA is a bit more in tune with what people are looking for.  It's quite strange they launched this thing without a QD mount, and even sell it without a mount.  It is a big turn off having to scrounge for a proper mount and I have no doubt affects sales.  A lot easier to just buy a vortex micro for most as it stands.

The only good thing is that qd eotech mounts can be had semi cheap due to the takeoffs from people switching to unity ftc mounts, but what a pita.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 1:11:56 PM EDT
[#12]
If the slx magnifier works with g33 mounts, would it work with an FTC mount?
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 10:45:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Apparently no, dimensions keep it from closingm
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 9:06:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered a FTC mount from PA to try it out. The magnifier won't mount up to the FTC due to a bulge in the housing. Would have been sweet to use, but wrong shape. Fortunately PA has a good return policy and I was able to return it.

I use a takeoff from a Vortex magnifier and EoTech spacers to get it height to match my prism.

Overall with all the extra work to get the magnifier to work, I probably should have just bought a 3x prism and called it a day.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 12:25:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I ordered a FTC mount from PA to try it out. The magnifier won't mount up to the FTC due to a bulge in the housing. Would have been sweet to use, but wrong shape. Fortunately PA has a good return policy and I was able to return it.

I use a takeoff from a Vortex magnifier and EoTech spacers to get it height to match my prism.

Overall with all the extra work to get the magnifier to work, I probably should have just bought a 3x prism and called it a day.
View Quote

It shouldn't be this much work to use their product lol.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top