Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2018 2:52:39 PM EDT
I've always run slings through stocks but I see these end plates with the QD mount built in.  Are they preferable to the stock or is that mainly for single point applications?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 9:48:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I have them on some of my AR's, but only for a single point.  I also have QD mounts on the stock.  The only single point slings I have are the Magpuls that convert from 2 point to single point.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 9:52:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I also use them on most builds,I like the location even on a two point slong,I also like the Magpul slings with qd
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 10:10:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I like them as an option.

I have a BFG 2 point sling that converts to a single point. I just like options and the QD end plates allow that.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 10:15:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 10:15:14 AM EDT
[#5]
You can get your sling ends close to act more like a single point sling without some of the negatives of single point slings. Either plate and stock or plate and handguard/rail.

I use qd points on the stock and as far forward on the rifle as possible for stability when shooting.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 10:40:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like them as an option.

I have a BFG 2 point sling that converts to a single point. I just like options and the QD end plates allow that.
View Quote
Same....they are great if you use a convertable sling setup.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 11:23:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Like others have said, it's nice to have that option. Easy and inexpensive upgrade. Lots of good products to choose from.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 11:57:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Ok, if I buy one or two....are those all created equal or do I need to pay 5-10x the price for brand names?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 1:00:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I like the endplate for single points on pistols and sbr. I like the stock for a QD 2 point on my carbines.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 1:18:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 1:53:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Damage industries  qd sockets  are proprietary  to their qd swivels,  I use iwc, and noveske which have worked with  all my swivels
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 2:29:02 PM EDT
[#12]
i prefer 2-point using end-plate because it raises the whole firearm higher, particularly important for average size guys carrying 16" with can

only hassle with end-plate carry is the swivel & sling can get in the way of accessing the grip in a rush
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 2:52:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 11:53:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ok, if I buy one or two....are those all created equal or do I need to pay 5-10x the price for brand names?Thanks
View Quote
Hard to beat Griffin Armament for $15.00. Solid features and the price is right.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 3:55:05 AM EDT
[#15]
The BCM is cheap snd good quality.  I have had no issue with 7075 QD plates from V7 either. I would not run 6061.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 2:23:48 PM EDT
[#16]
if you go the QD route, just make sure and give it a good twist and tug before you trust the lock up.

every once in awhile i forgot to rotate the QD to make sure its locked in with the detent balls. that is my only complaint about QD stuff. never had one sneak once its inserted properly though.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 12:20:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Tried the end plate for a bit. Hated it. Kinda seems like a relic of back when guys thought single-point slings were a good idea
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 7:05:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 2:51:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

2 pt can be run with the end plate attatchment.
View Quote
Yah. thats what I was doing. I found it to be pretty impractical. Particularly with my work gun. I figured to give it a whirl for off handed shooting just to see. It really didn’t work out for me. Especially when it came time to shoulder a rifle quickly, without trying to fuck with the sling, or having the sling flopping around in weird places. Side socket on the rear of a buttstock works perfectly
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 6:09:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 11:27:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Stock it allows the rifle to hang over your shoulder a lot better. Generally, if the sling points are on opposing ends, you'll have more stability.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 11:29:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yah. thats what I was doing. I found it to be pretty impractical. Particularly with my work gun. I figured to give it a whirl for off handed shooting just to see. It really didn't work out for me. Especially when it came time to shoulder a rifle quickly, without trying to fuck with the sling, or having the sling flopping around in weird places. Side socket on the rear of a buttstock works perfectly
View Quote
.... what side?
I've seen a lot of people start mounting their rear sling point on their dominant hand side. For example, right handed shooter has their rear sling QD attached to the right side of the stock. I'm pretty sure the argument is that when you switch shoulders, you get an extra 2-3 inches of sling.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 6:36:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

.... what side?
I've seen a lot of people start mounting their rear sling point on their dominant hand side. For example, right handed shooter has their rear sling QD attached to the right side of the stock. I'm pretty sure the argument is that when you switch shoulders, you get an extra 2-3 inches of sling.
View Quote
Its that, plus I find I dont have the hardware rattling around on my inboard side. I have the option to run either way and immediately chose outboard rather than inboard.
YMMV
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top