Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/25/2022 1:59:07 PM EDT
I am looking for a QD plate for two of my AR build. I’m thinking of going with a BCM plate.

What are some good options for $25 and under?

What brands should I stay away from?

I think the BCM is the best priced one and from a good company too. It’s $16.99.

Give me some options and feedback on them and the BCM. I appreciate the help and information.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 2:05:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Luny421] [#1]
Griffin’s is nice, and 30% off

https://www.griffinarmament.com/c2e-contour-connect-end-plate-qd/

ETA I have both BCM and Griffin. They both work. Get whichever one you can get the better deal on.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 2:08:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jeepsnguns81] [#2]
IWC makes the nicest QD endplates in my opinion.

$18.95 at LaRue
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 2:13:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jeepsnguns81:

$18.95 at LaRue
View Quote

Have also used this in the past. They work well.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 2:13:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Luny421:
Griffin’s is nice, and 30% off

https://www.griffinarmament.com/c2e-contour-connect-end-plate-qd/

ETA I have both BCM and Griffin. They both work. Get whichever one you can get the better deal on.
View Quote

I forgot about Griffin Armament. It’s been five or so years since I’ve built an AR and I forget all the great companies out there.

I will check that one out. It looks much Berger than BCM. Maybe I can find it at a retailer online where I’m buying some other parts. That would cut shipping and tax down some. I appreciate it!
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 2:14:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Never had any issues with the BCM qd end plates.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 2:14:44 PM EDT
[#6]

$18.95 at LaRue
View Quote

Thanks! That one looks really nice too.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 2:52:16 PM EDT
[#7]

$18.95 at LaRue
View Quote

This or the BCM will be fine.

I use the IWC end ate and the Forward Controls castle nut. Both of these two items are billet steel and well worth the $ spent.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 4:44:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks everyone. I think I’ll go with the BCM.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I’m not sure I have ever heard of a QD plate failing, even the cheap ones.  It may not matter, the BCM QD socket is pressed into the end plate instead of machined as one solid pc.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 5:48:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Damage Industries has steel rotation-limited QD end plates on sale for $10.00 shipped.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 5:50:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OlympicArmsFan] [#11]
Originally Posted By Ed_Victory:
Damage Industries has steel rotation-limited QD end plates on sale for $10.00 shipped.
View Quote

Nice! I like their stuff. As soon as I get back home I will go and look at it and maybe order it. I appreciate it.

What is the difference in the two finishes?
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 6:11:23 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Actually, damn nice kit.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 6:36:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OlympicArmsFan] [#13]
View Quote

I just ordered the Damage Industries. That was a smoking deal. Free shipping and no tax. I saved ten bucks. Now I'm off to order my MagPul MS4 sling from Primary Arms. Another great savings on those slings too. $48.41 for those and most places are $55-$65 for them.

@Ed_Victory I really appreciate you linking me to that deal.

**Edit**

I went to Optics Planet to get the sling. They were within three to four bucks in price when I talked to them in chat but I got free shipping. Shipping at Primary Arms was $14-$15 bucks. It made it more expensive in the end to order from them.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 8:17:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By OlympicArmsFan:

I just ordered the Damage Industries. That was a smoking deal. Free shipping and no tax. I saved ten bucks. Now I'm off to order my MagPul MS4 sling from Primary Arms. Another great savings on those slings too. $48.41 for those and most places are $55-$65 for them.

**Edit**

I went to Optics Planet to get the sling. They were within three to four bucks in price when I talked to them in chat but I got free shipping. Shipping at Primary Arms was $14-$15 bucks. It made it more expensive in the end to order from them.
View Quote

Shipping kills a lot of PA’s deals. They had the best price on a TLR-7A but adding shipping and tax made Arms Unlimited the better deal.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 8:33:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Shipping kills a lot of PA’s deals. They had the best price on a TLR-7A but adding shipping and tax made Arms Unlimited the better deal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

**Edit**

Yeah it was crazy. 14-15 to ship.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 9:29:28 PM EDT
[#16]

**Edit**

View Quote

Glad I could help.

Damage Industries is good stuff, just ordered some of their D-ring swivels.

Link Posted: 11/25/2022 10:14:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Glad I could help.

View All Quotes

**Edit**

Glad I could help.

Yes they do. I’m using one their AK breaks.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 10:48:20 PM EDT
[#18]

$18.95 at LaRue
View Quote

Agreed. I used a few then tried IWC. IWC is hands down the best and it’s often cheaper too.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 3:18:56 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

This is what I have. The BCM end plates look exactly the same from what I can tell.
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 2:27:26 PM EDT
[#20]
I used a Radian titanium/7075 QD plate on my MR556A1 SBR, mainly because it’s already a fancy-pants rifle, so it needs fancy-pants parts.

*It also has a Holosun optic in a LaRue mount, so draw your own conclusions*
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 2:48:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By M1Lou:

This is what I have. The BCM end plates look exactly the same from what I can tell.
View Quote

These are better than the BCM in my opinion.  These are machined from one solid pc of steel.  The QD socket is pressed into the end plate and it can rust where it’s pressed into the end plate.  I’ve been using these Damage QD end plates for a long time.  The only negative is that they are thin and it’s a tad harder to get a good stake.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 4:50:55 PM EDT
[#22]
I've tried a bunch and to be honest, they all function identically and haven't caused me issues. FCD, Griffin, Lantac ratcheting, etc.

I will say the Griffin end plate is tough to stake. Whatever metal and heat treat they're doing makes it hard as hell.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 1:41:23 PM EDT
[#23]
I just got the Damaged Industries in and it’s really nice. I can’t wait to get these two ARs built.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 2:30:59 AM EDT
[#24]
I have BCM, Griffin and IWC.  They all function 100%.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 7:10:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hazred] [#25]
A consideration to also have to determine your choice is rotation limited or not ?

for example IWC has a limited rotation, Magpul does not.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:48:37 PM EDT
[#26]
IWC is the best.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 2:23:42 AM EDT
[#27]
All QD endplates are rotation limited because of the RE.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 4:03:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BoomBoom] [#28]
IWC. I’ve used Noveske. IWC is better by a mile and cheaper to.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 4:11:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By BoomBoom:
View Quote

Noticed you made multiple comments a few months ago and wondering why you needed to comment again.

I bought the BCM endplate because it was a random purchase at a local gun shop. I've been using the same one on the lower for about 8 years.

Noveske endplate was a little pricey, but it was for a clone build.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 8:09:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

Noticed you made multiple comments a few months ago and wondering why you needed to comment again.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WTFShane:
Originally Posted By BoomBoom:

Guy really likes IWC.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:12:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:04:32 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

There is a high probability you won’t be able to stake the Magpul endplate.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:39:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By QtrHorse:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By QtrHorse:

This ^^^^.

From the Magpul site:

"NOTE: When the Castle Nut is properly torqued, staking is not required. However, if staking is desired, it is strongly recommended that it be done by a certified armorer or competent gunsmith. The extremely hard surface of the ASAP QD increases the difficulty of staking and the likelihood of damage during the procedure."
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:08:04 PM EDT
[#34]
I just got the Damaged Industries in and it’s really nice. I can’t wait to get these two ARs built.
View Quote

I ordered (5) of the phosphate finished QD plates from DI. They look pretty good upon initial inspection. I really wanted to buy Noveske QD plates, but the price was a no-go.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 12:59:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By urbankaos04:

I ordered (5) of the phosphate finished QD plates from DI. They look pretty good upon initial inspection. I really wanted to buy Noveske QD plates, but the price was a no-go.
View Quote

I have used/ tried many different QD end plates and I always came back to the Damage plates. I like that you can get them in black, they are machined to be one pc, not pressed together pcs and I have had no issues with QD swivels coming loose but I only use the Damage swivels as well.  My favorite QD end plate is the FCD but I can buy 4-5 of the damage (on sale) for the same cost and I have seen no advantage to the more expensive units other than looks.  With that said, I do have a few of the FCD end plates on rifles.  I don’t jump out of helicopters, roll down the sides of mountains or throw my rifles across the driveway so YMMV.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 1:15:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Yup, the Damage Industries QD plates look to be pretty good, especially for the price point. It's also cool you can buy them with a phosphate finish, which will make them easier to stake. Good stuff.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top