Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/14/2018 1:02:49 PM EDT
Thing of building one up, but can't decide on magazine.
I have a number of UZI magazines I can send out for slot milling, but Glock magazines are more plentiful.

Which one and why?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:39:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a Hahn adapter AR9 using Colt Mags....2 yrs ago I upgraded to a dedicated QC10 AR9 pistol for/Glock mags. It consolidates mag types I have and seems to function better.  My sidearm is a Glock 19
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:43:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Thing of building one up, but can't decide on magazine.
I have a number of UZI magazines I can send out for slot milling, but Glock magazines are more plentiful.

Which one and why?
View Quote
This has been discussed 100's of times.

The only difference is....

one goes in straight....one goes in at an angle.

You need to decide if you want metal, or plastic mags, and what brand of mag you want to use.

_
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Having both and being a USPSA PCC Competitor I'll say this:

If you're building a plinker/tactical/tacticool - Use Colt mags. Proven design, super robust mags, less feeding issues due to feed ramp design AND double-feed presents rounds faster.

If you're building a go-fast rig - Use Glock mags. Understand mags are consumables. They're easier to reload on the clock and all the development is for them (extensions, etc).

Also Glock mag builds look like crap
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Glock mag builds look like crap
View Quote
That is why I went with the colt QC10 Lower.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one of each, both SBR’s. Colt for the win.  My Glock mag lower is a Spikes and the LRBHO is anything but reliable. Also, Glock mag lowers are fugly.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 3:53:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I went with a dedicated Colt lower (PSA).  I think they look better.  I like the metal (Metalform) mags.  I have 10, 20 and 32 round mags.  The feed ramp on the Colt lower is a plus.  The mag release and the LRBHO are simpler on the Colt lower.

In either case you need a good, sturdy mag well vice block.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top