Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/10/2020 7:12:10 PM EDT
I want to buy a psa pa-9 lower with sba brace. They are glock style i believe, will they fit most upper assemblies? Ie foxtrot mike, joe bob's, etc? What upper should  i like for?
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 10:30:59 PM EDT
[#1]
is there a particular reason that you don't just get a PSA 9mm upper at the same time?... I shot a PSA 16" blow back upper for about a year for USPSA PCC competition without a problems, it was coupled with a NFA billet lower, but my back up carbine has a PSA PA-X9 lower that was made for them by NFA, and a PSA 16" upper ( it does have the G9 hybrid bolt with the pistol style extractor)...I'm not sure of the manufacture of the particular model you quoted.... the PA-X9 doesn't get much use as the primary works fine...a friend has a PSA forged Glock style lower that gives excellent service... I would, however, recommend a 9mm bolt that uses an AR claw style extractor rather than a 1911 style pistol extractor...
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 1:21:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Foxtrot mike makes one with a 3 lug adapter, and it seems pretty well made. I am just looking around. Didn't know if psa's lower ar9 compatible with other manufacturer. Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 4:10:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 10:24:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, the lower will work with a standard upper.  You just need a bolt cut for glock mags.

When I got mine (carbine stocked complete lower for $150 w/ free shipping on a daily deal) they had no carbine length uppers or bolts in stock.

Used a Spinta bolt, NFA barrel, and Anderson sport/slick side upper to finish it out.  When I swapped the carbine stock for an A2 style I wanted to keep the known-working spring/buffer/bolt combo so I made a plug to shorten the interior of a rifle extension to be the same as a carbine extension.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 12:59:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a PSA AR9 pistol for a PCC match and found out I couldn't use it (no braces allowed) so I found a cheap 16inch 9mm barrel and used an extra A2 upper I had lying around and with the lower and bolt from the pistol, used it to shoot the match.  350 rounds without a single problem.  Any upper should be good to go as long as you have the correct bolt and buffer set up.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top