Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2023 10:04:01 PM EDT
Firstly, I've tried searching for information, but haven't been able to find the answers to my specific questions on this topic.

I recently upgraded my Surefire M600DF's to Modlite OKW heads. I also have DS00 tailcaps and SR-07 remote switches. The light output is significantly improved over the original SF heads, but I've also seen that people are experiencing reduced light output with this setup, apparently because of the switch. So I have a couple of questions:

1. Is this across the board? Does this setup result in reduced output every time, or is it on a case by case basis?

2. Is this limited to remote switches? Would you see reduced output with a Z68 clicky tailcap?

3. Are the Unity Hot Button or Modlite ModButton Lite the only suitable alternatives to the SR-07?

Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:52:31 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I understand…tailcaps are fine and won’t reduce output. SF remote switches can. Unity switches shouldn’t.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 12:00:47 AM EDT
[#2]
The problem is only with the Surefire pressure switches. It's nothing major, at least from my experience with my OKW and SR07.

I used to alternate back and forth between the pressure switch and button on the DS00 tailcap, and I could never see the difference.

Then one day I held both the pushbutton and SR07 at one time and released the pressure switch but held the tailcap button down. That's where I finally saw the difference.

It's very minimal, but I still got rid of my SR07 and have moved on to Unity HotButtons and Modlite Modbutton Lites
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 12:19:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the responses. This is very helpful information.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The problem is only with the Surefire pressure switches. It's nothing major, at least from my experience with my OKW and SR07.

I used to alternate back and forth between the pressure switch and button on the DS00 tailcap, and I could never see the difference.

Then one day I held both the pushbutton and SR07 at one time and released the pressure switch but held the tailcap button down. That's where I finally saw the difference.

It's very minimal, but I still got rid of my SR07 and have moved on to Unity HotButtons and Modlite Modbutton Lites
View Quote

Ok following off of what you did here I started experimenting with mine again. While holding both the pressure pad and DS00 button and then releasing the pressure pad I couldn't see any difference. However, when holding the pressure pad constantly and then clicking the DS00 button I could see the light get slightly brighter, and then slightly dimmer when I clicked the DS00 button again to turn it off. So that tells me what I need to know. I guess I'll be trying out a Unity Hot Button, as I don't care for the feature set of the Modlite Modbutton Lite. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a Surefire M600DF with a Modlite 18650 OKW head and a DS-00 tailcap, with Surefire's SR07-D-IT WeaponLight Switch. I didn't notice any power fluctuations, but in the middle of training (mist and light fog, 30F, near-zero visibility darkness) the pressure switch began "pulsing" intermittently. While applying firm consistent pressure, and unrelated to recoil, the light began turning on and off randomly as though my grip were weak and shifting. I played with all the variables and isolated it to the switch. It had maybe 25 hours of use - hard use, in the rain and in training, but that's still completely unacceptable. I bought a Modlite switch and never looked back. For the record, I didn't try to contact Surefire because they never answered a different inquiry. The market is big enough now that I don't have to beg a company to take my money while they ignore me, so I just tossed the switch in the trash and moved on with a superior product.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top