Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 11/17/2017 11:03:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 2:04:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice.  I have two other PA red dots and they have held up well.  I'll be ordering one in the near future.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 2:20:48 PM EDT
[#2]
You are going to sell a bunch of these. To me.    After Christmas.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 8:00:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Way to easy to make the pocket book lighter
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 10:00:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like a promising site to use for training and range work, I'm down for one or two.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 7:48:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Argh!

This really makes another Aimpoint purchase much, much tougher . . .
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 8:29:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Creature] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By glock24:
Argh!

View Quote
This should have Aimpoint shitting their pants. And rightly so.

While I have always been a Aimpoint fanboy, I also believed that Aimpoint products are insanely overpriced.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 8:38:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks incredible. Can’t wait to try one!
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 10:58:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I can see myself buying several of these.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 11:22:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Very nice, and I like the price as well!
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 12:58:23 PM EDT
[#10]
These look great.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 2:01:12 PM EDT
[#11]
[sigh] I'll stick to the red dots with a circle/dot reticle, like the HS503c.  Just prefer that configuration for fast target acquisition.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 3:53:06 PM EDT
[#12]
SO 100.00 holiday pricing sale???  
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#13]
All i have is pa rds and looks like ill be adding another
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 9:18:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Just ordered one today with the absolute cowitness mount, can't wait to try it out.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 10:46:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By pc-ops:
SO 100.00 holiday pricing sale???  
View Quote
This. I want 2 and my dad wants one if they get down to that price range.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 10:43:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Wow lifetime warranty and the dial, Maybe I'll get a few of these one for a .22 and one for a 12g  since I cannot justify a Aimpoint for either.  Maybe some black Friday pricing make me jump quicker.Looks good.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 9:35:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Jesus christ you guys need to use a different font for your company branding.

That being said I am in for 2
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 9:47:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Got my two today, was a bit faster then expected!

Love the Dial
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 11:35:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By glock24:
Argh!

View Quote
Alright. This right here.  What the hell?!

Give it up Primary Arms.   Sell me on this.  What’s the difference in this and aimpoint?  I’m interested...
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 2:09:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA_Mike] [#20]
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 5:36:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By PA_Mike:

Ok, so we don't pretend that you are getting an Aimpoint level optic for $149.99. There is abuse that an Aimpoint is built for that will murder MD-RB-AD, like differential overpressure.

Lets say, I'm a high speed low drag super duper operator guy and I'm in a pressurized C17 Globemaster at 30,000 feet. The cargo ramp lowers and suddenly the aircraft depressurizes. Then I jump out of the back of the C17, free fall in a HALO jump with a Claymore strapped to my head, pop my chute at the last moment until SPLOOSH I've landed in salt water. Now I get in my underwater delivery vehicle and I'm 15 feet below the surface of the ocean, zipping towards the shoreline. So my optic went from normal atmospheric pressure to very little atmospheric pressure to extra pressure deep underwater, all in about five minutes. That's differential overpressure. Our $149.99 red dot will not do that. It absolutely will freaking die. If you're that guy and you're doing that stuff, buy the Aimpoint.

If you're like me and you're a high drag low speed chubby white dude who likes to knock over steel plates at 100 yards on a square range every other weekend, our optic should last a really really long time doing typical range day stuff like that.
View Quote

And here i was looking into a Red Dot for the PA-10 This Sold me

Excellent toughness and waterproofing. Designed for use in high recoiling firearms like shotguns and semi-auto .308s.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 5:49:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Ok, so we don't pretend that you are getting an Aimpoint level optic for $149.99. There is abuse that an Aimpoint is built for that will murder MD-RB-AD, like differential overpressure.

Lets say, I'm a high speed low drag super duper operator guy and I'm in a pressurized C17 Globemaster at 30,000 feet. The cargo ramp lowers and suddenly the aircraft depressurizes. Then I jump out of the back of the C17, free fall in a HALO jump with a Claymore strapped to my head, pop my chute at the last moment until SPLOOSH I've landed in salt water. Now I get in my underwater delivery vehicle and I'm 15 feet below the surface of the ocean, zipping towards the shoreline. So my optic went from normal atmospheric pressure to very little atmospheric pressure to extra pressure deep underwater, all in about five minutes. That's differential overpressure. Our $149.99 red dot will not do that. It absolutely will freaking die. If you're that guy and you're doing that stuff, buy the Aimpoint.

If you're like me and you're a high drag low speed chubby white dude who likes to knock over steel plates at 100 yards on a square range every other weekend, our optic should last a really really long time doing typical range day stuff like that.
View Quote
Your reply made my day! Probably in the top 10 for ARF...

Have a few friends that are looking for good/durable red-dots in the $200.00 range. I will pass it along.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 8:28:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#23]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MidwestJ:

Give it up Primary Arms.   Sell me on this.  What’s the difference in this and aimpoint?  I’m interested...

Shoot, the older version will survive hundreds of rond on a mini AK (M92), then getting beat around in the back of a Jeep in North Houston heat, always on, for well over a year (and still going).

ETA:

$69.99 "blem" MDS (read description in quote box below).

The MD-RB-AD-SP comes with a removable 1913 MIL STD Picatinny base. With the base removed, the scope body is NOT compatible with industry standard micro mount systems. The scope body was machined incorrectly at the factory, so MD-RB-AD-SP is ONLY compatible with the removable base and riser mount that are included with it in the box, and will not fit other aftermarket mounts. MD-RB-AD-SP is considered a factory blemished optic for this reason.  
If only I could buy 2 more!
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:01:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Does the blem one come with a taller mount and base in? If so, is it lower 1/3?
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:03:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 12:43:38 AM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Exactly what I was seeking.  Thank you for the honesty and rapid response.  Great post & description.  That broke it down for me in simple layman’s terms.
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 10:39:48 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote
AWESOME!
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 11:08:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bigger_Hammer] [#28]

View All Quotes

But what if I'm say...

A Pudgy Asian with a terrible haircut who is descended from a long line of Totalitarian Communist Dictators.

Maybe my so called "scientists" still can't actually figure out how to build a working guidance system for my long range missiles. (remind me to execute their families when I get home tonight after the latest "successful launch banquet")...

Maybe the quick solution is to strap a "volunteer" to the nose cone at the top of a submarine launched ballistic missile on a course for the  war bases of the capitalistic imperial evil oppressors in Guam or Hawaii using this new magic technology of the "Red Dot Sight" to guide the missile to strike it's target accurately with furious vengeance and fire delivering oh I don't know, how about we say "Holiday Gifts & Christmas Presents"...

So, going from a Sub to the Sky to Space and back again is the opposite of what you claimed would break your sight (because it comes back to the level it started from), so it should still be good to go right?

Question - in case something goes wrong, is still covered by your "Life Time Warranty", and is that the 'Lifetime' of the Purchaser (my Regime - however many weeks it may have left) or of the end user (The patriotic "Volunteer", Mr. Park)... ?

Please let me know soon, as the Holiday sales are here, and the Orange Hair Buffoon Trump has imposed yet more economic Sanctions on my peaceful and productive Proletarian Paradise of the People...

Sincerely Yours,

Rocket Man

Link Posted: 11/23/2017 4:51:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Any idea how one of these would work on an ALG 6-Second Mount?  Looking to play around with one on my G34 for shits and giggles.
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 10:13:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 10:14:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 3:18:34 PM EDT
[#32]
This PA Optic is good for 99.5% of the guys that have a 40hr a week job. Secret squirrels, black ops, super ninja, contractor no name tag guys are not 40 hr a week peeps.  I have had my PA sight on my AK for 5 years.  Still working and glad I paid the price for the item back then.

So PA here is my question for you........    what about the RDS that was purchased prior this this new awesome lifetime warranty?  What if it happens to go down?  Is the lifetime warranty avaliable?  Just curious.
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 5:40:45 PM EDT
[#34]

Don't get the -SP "Special Purchase" variant, you'll want the regular MD-RB-AD. That one will go with a 6 Second Mount like peanut butter and strawberry preserves.
View Quote
Very good.  I didn't figure that the SP would work, b..  Thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 7:48:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Since I have my own milling machine, I'm kind of wondering if I can just machine my own base plate to adapt the "blem" version to a QD rail mount. Mine just arrived, and looks great! I have no problems using the supplied mount to stick it on a new pistol build, but it would be interesting to see where it's really out of spec, and if that can be surmounted.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 12:32:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 1:09:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA_Mike] [#37]
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 5:51:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Any chance of this with the ACSS reticle?  I love my ACSS reticle dots and would be in for a couple-few.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 10:39:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 11:01:25 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote
Ok. I am buying one just for that post.
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 12:52:22 PM EDT
[#41]
PA_Mike,

Will the KAC Aimpoint Micro Battery Cap work with the MD-RB-AD?

Also, awesome post by the way (pressure differential)!
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 1:08:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 1:32:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Mike I appreciate what you're saying when it comes to the this is no T1 it won't withstand a HALO jump into the ocean. While I understand the point you're making there, my question is would you consider this durable enough for LE patrol car work then?
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 1:40:10 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote
I'm going to buy one just because of this description.
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 4:23:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 10:16:46 PM EDT
[#46]

I see you're in Alaska and I'm taking that into consideration. Been up there myself, have a cousin up there who was stationed at Elmendorf AFB for many years. I've brought this situation up to engineering and they are going to look into what cold weather testing was done so I can get back to you with an intelligent answer. Our best guess without doing further research is that you are probably going to be good to go until you get below -20F or so. At that point the rubber waterproofing O-ring in the illumination knob is likely to freeze up so solid that the knob won't want to turn and your illumination won't be adjustable anymore. Our guess is, that's gonna be the first thing to go south when it gets stupid cold.

If you were a cop in Oklahoma my answer would be an unqualified "yes" without reservation. But your location gives me pause and I'm going to edit this post or add another post later on when I get some more information about extreme cold performance.
View Quote
I apologize sir I'm not a LE at all. I was trying to figure out where you guys stand in confidence in this product as far as overall ruggedness. I do appreciate the comments about temp as you can imagine that would be a concern for any user in a potentially low temperature environment such as myself. So from your statements it seems you guys are ready to call this duty ready as long as temps don't fall to -20?
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 10:39:25 PM EDT
[#47]
I am aware this is not the right place to ask but I'm new to this so sorry in advance. I am looking to build a custom 22lr ar-15 and i cant seem to find any lower that is stamped 22lr .Can someone please steer me in the direction?

Thank You
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 7:23:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#48]
Originally Posted By TrackSol:
PA_Mike,

Will the KAC Aimpoint Micro Battery Cap work with the MD-RB-AD?

Also, awesome post by the way (pressure differential)!
View Quote
@TrackSol

I tried. The PA battery cap has a larger thread circumference. It won’t work.
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 7:29:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By billybob408:
I am aware this is not the right place to ask but I'm new to this so sorry in advance. I am looking to build a custom 22lr ar-15 and i cant seem to find any lower that is stamped 22lr .Can someone please steer me in the direction?

Thank You
View Quote
Welcome to arfcom, you might find the answer you seek here:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Rimfire-and-Pistol-Calibers/15/
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 7:29:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#50]
Originally Posted By billybob408:

Thank You
View Quote
@billybob408

You don’t have to have .22LR stamped on your lower. Here is my suppressed .22LR SBR. It is built on a multi-cal stamped lower.

Attachment Attached File

(With Primary Arms Micro Red Dot mounted)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top