Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2019 9:37:13 AM EDT
I just got mine.  Nice sight but geeze they made the reticle so small.  Everybody says there Gen 2 prism reticles are small but I find them to be great.  I thought this would be the same.  Nope it really is tiny.  The small chevron honestly is fine but the horse shoe is simply to small to be useful.  It obscures whatever I might be trying to aim at.  It would be much better IMHO with a larger horse shoe.  I would prefer a dot to the chevron but that doesn't matter as much.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 10:47:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just got mine.  Nice sight but geeze they made the reticle so small.  Everybody says there Gen 2 prism reticles are small but I find them to be great.  I thought this would be the same.  Nope it really is tiny.  The small chevron honestly is fine but the horse shoe is simply to small to be useful.  It obscures whatever I might be trying to aim at.  It would be much better IMHO with a larger horse shoe.  I would prefer a dot to the chevron but that doesn't matter as much.
View Quote
Some find it usable, but this isnt the first time i have heard this.

If you want a larger reticle check out the new one Swampfox Optics is coming out with.  They have a multi page thread in this section and Mike (formerly of PA) just posted some pics of the reticle.  It is much larger, but also made specifically for close distances.  It has a 5 and 7 yard hold. I like what the company is doing and will be checking it out
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 11:31:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I wish I could look through a Cyclops. My projected ACSS Holosun is totally usable at 1x (*really* shines with a magnifier). I have about 12" across the widest part of the Horseshoe at 50 feet. Chevron and bottom dot are totally fine, 1st and second dot less so, knocking the brightness down, helps. I wear reading glasses, have a slight astigmatism (which my RMR kind of shows, but not the Holosun), but far vision is fine. I thought all ACSS at 1x would look the same?
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 7:34:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
Same for me.  Chevron is too small and fat. At 1x a 2 moa dot would have been better with that small horseshoe.  My cyclops is now moved to PCC duty.  Waiting to see what Swamp Fox Optics comes out with, all promises of greatness are there (similar to PA Cyclops a few years back) so will see.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 1:10:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll be the weird one here and say that i love the Cyclops,bought a 2nd one after trying out the first one.

Could it be better? Sure but i really doubt i will replace them
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I shot it today. It is fast on steel.  The wire that is attached to the caps instantly broke the first time I started to u screw the top where it is attached to the cap.  Other than that it seems solid.  It will stay for now.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 12:37:22 PM EDT
[#6]
So, cheap wire broke and reticle sucks - chevron's too small and horseshoe is visually obstructive.  Is that what you meant your review to convey?
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 2:33:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So, cheap wire broke and reticle sucks - chevron's too small and horseshoe is visually obstructive.  Is that what you meant your review to convey?
View Quote
Well, minus the caps' wire lanyard breaking, everything else's more or less already been posted before here.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 10:16:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes to that stuff.  It is solidly built and the glass is fairly clear.  It's fine for my LMT 10.5.  I do prefer it to a red dot style sight.  I don't care to much about the wire but it is annoying.  If they changed the reticle to a dot with a larger horse shoe it would be perfect.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 7:10:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I didn't like mine and sent it back for a refund.

My Trijicon 1-8x and Vortex PST 1-6x had a better and much less distorted view at 1x.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 12:21:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I didn't like mine and sent it back for a refund.

My Trijicon 1-8x and Vortex PST 1-6x had a better and much less distorted view at 1x.
View Quote
Those are to heavy for my intended role.  Honestly the cyclops could be perfect with a different reticle.  Maybe they will offer something different eventually.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:04:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Those are to heavy for my intended role.  Honestly the cyclops could be perfect with a different reticle.  Maybe they will offer something different eventually.
View Quote
I understand, I was just comparing. For me it wasn't the reticle but it's 1x distortion. Diopter was adjusted correctly and I still had too much distortion to the point it bugged my eyes out.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:15:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I understand, I was just comparing. For me it wasn't the reticle but it's 1x distortion. Diopter was adjusted correctly and I still had too much distortion to the point it bugged my eyes out.
View Quote
I picked up a Cyclops a while back and had the same conclusion about the distortion.  Just gave me issues with target transitions.  Put it back in a drawer and forgot about it.

Took it out again this week and had a different reaction.  Tried it with the diopter adjusted both for the best retcle focus and target focus, and both seemed to work well.  Didn't see any significnt distortion.

Still don't like the reticle, though.  The lines are too fine to be useful to me.  I do well with an LPVO set to 1x and the red dot in the reticle turned up, but I just can't adapt to the reticle.

If they came out with a typical 2 MOA dot with reasonable holdover lines I'd be thrilled.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top