Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/13/2020 9:10:30 PM EDT
I usually shoot with my regular glasses and I know it isn't that safe of a thing to do so now I want some shooting glasses that can have a prescription on it.
Anyone know of any good websites or brands or anywhere I can find durable shooting glasses that I can put a prescription on? Specifically for astigmatism.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 9:21:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Find something in your prescription ANSI rated Z87.1 and you'll be fine
SportRX for example. There are other places you can shop online for
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 9:28:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I have prescription Oakley sunglasses with ballistic grade lenses.  I have the model before these ones.

Oakley
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 3:29:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I have 2 pairs of Nike glasses I found at my eye doctors. Both have polycarbonate progressive lenses. Just find a frame you like and get polycarbonate lenses.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 5:33:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I use the Wiley X Rogue with the prescription insert. I’m a safety engineer so they’re also my safety glasses. For sunglasses I just change the lens.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 2:56:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I use both Oakley and Smith. The Smith are better. I tried to do transition lenses. I thought, hey, going from inside to outside - best of both worlds(!). They don't work as well as I needed and couldn't be depended upon.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 3:08:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Depends on what you need.

Pistol shooting I use glasses with a top bifocal from SSP. If you are relying on reading glasses and pistol shoot irons these are the thing you need.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 1:01:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top