Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2019 12:26:26 AM EDT
So I saw a weekend deal on a Premium Nickel Boron BCG from PSA that looked way too good to pass up on... Are their Premium Nickel Boron BCG's as good as some of the reviews I've come across?...
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I saw a weekend deal on a Nickel Boron BCG from PSA that looked way too good to pass up on... Are their Nickel Boron BCG's as good as some of the reviews I've come across?...
View Quote
I believe so. I purchased one several months ago. I installed it in a new build that couldn't get past the first round being fired. Saw no obvious issues. Tried a couple of other buffer weights and got nowhere. Pulled that bcg and replaced it with a basic phosphate and it's run well ever since. I put the Nickel in an even shorter pistol (8.5") and it ran / runs fine in it. I know quite a few folks with that PSA bcg and never an issue.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 2:03:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I believe so. I purchased one several months ago. I installed it in a new build that couldn't get past the first round being fired. Saw no obvious issues. Tried a couple of other buffer weights and got nowhere. Pulled that bcg and replaced it with a basic phosphate and it's run well ever since. I put the Nickel in an even shorter pistol (8.5") and it ran / runs fine in it. I know quite a few folks with that PSA bcg and never an issue.
View Quote
Thank you Logan for providing this feedback, much appreciated...
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 5:36:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I like them.  My first AR had a phosphated BCG.  My second came with a nickel-boron coated BCG and I liked it so much better that I got one for the original AR.  I really like them from the standpoint of being easier to clean than phosphate BCGs.  Not only are the surfaces 'slipperier' but of course it's easier to see where the carbon is.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 2:04:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like them.  My first AR had a phosphated BCG.  My second came with a nickel-boron coated BCG and I liked it so much better that I got one for the original AR.  I really like them from the standpoint of being easier to clean than phosphate BCGs.  Not only are the surfaces 'slipperier' but of course it's easier to see where the carbon is.
View Quote
Yep... those are some good points you bring up DaveBNZ... To be honest, the minute I saw the weekend deal by PSA on this Premium NiB it almost seemed like a practical no brainer and it was only after I pulled the trigger is that I thought... oh oh, maybe I should have done my homework a bit more...;)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top