Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2021 9:57:53 AM EDT
All,

Does anyone know anything current about PrecisionFirearms.com?  I ordered a barrel from them 6 months ago, but they have not delivered yet.  i have reached out mutiple times via email and phone call. Each time a get an excuse as to why the. barrel is not on its way.  Their website is not working today.  I am thinking that the business went belly up and I have lost my money.

Alex
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 1:40:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Finally got my barrel from precisionfirearms.com 6 days after I asked the CC company to reimburse me.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 6:18:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll add that to the list of sites to avoid. Thanks for the update!
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 7:50:43 PM EDT
[#3]
He's a custom maker so that usually translates to taking more time while one hopes it is worth the wait.  I won't put him on places to avoid, he knows how to manufacture/build an accurate rifle.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 1:06:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He's a custom maker so that usually translates to taking more time while one hopes it is worth the wait.  I won't put him on places to avoid, he knows how to manufacture/build an accurate rifle.
View Quote

My biggest issued was that there was an initial estimate of about three months, but it took 7 months to finally get it. This was the second barrel i bought from him. The first was delivered as promised.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:02:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

That may be, but he needs to communicate with his customers.  People don't mind a wait in so much as not knowing.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:19:31 AM EDT
[#6]
PF makes good barrels, but he's chambering/reaming the blanks.

Their "imprecise" lead times are well known and the sole reason I haven't ordered from them.

Good stuff, but you're gonna wait a while for them.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 6:26:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That may be, but he needs to communicate with his customers.  People don't mind a wait in so much as not knowing.
View Quote

That right there is my reason for avoiding them. If it's a well known issue, the smith should be letting buyers know and they can decide if they want to wait. That's just part of good customer service.

There are a lot of high quality barrels out there that, at least in good times, are readily available. A 3 month wait may be worth it for a high quality product but that might not translate into the same value when you have to wait twice as long.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:59:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That right there is my reason for avoiding them. If it's a well known issue, the smith should be letting buyers know and they can decide if they want to wait. That's just part of good customer service.

There are a lot of high quality barrels out there that, at least in good times, are readily available. A 3 month wait may be worth it for a high quality product but that might not translate into the same value when you have to wait twice as long.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PF has been this way for at least a couple years.  Its why I looked elsewhere for my Krieger and bartlein barrels.

Does good work, but his lead times are optimistic at best.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top