Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/18/2023 1:56:33 AM EDT
So I’ve seen plenty of 6520 carbines for sale (and own one), with bayonet lugs, flash hiders and proper front takedowns sold during the AWB with the requisite restricted markings on the magwell.

Does anyone know if Colt sold 20” rifles with all the evil features for gov/LE use? I’ve never seen one before.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 3:32:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes. Colt 6601. A2 fixed carry handle upper. 20” barrel FH bayonet lug.  Govt restricted marking.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 12:31:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes. Colt 6601. A2 fixed carry handle upper. 20” barrel FH bayonet lug.  Govt restricted marking.
View Quote

Did they have the front takedown pin or the .315” screw?
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 1:55:53 PM EDT
[#3]
The R6601 and R6551 were the closest thing to the real A2 during the ban.
I think both had the Hbar.

Link Posted: 4/19/2023 12:19:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a ban-era Colt R6700 with barrel dated 10/97. It came with a full fence lower and 0.25" pivot pin but was not drilled for a detent and spring, so came with a two piece screw. I've since had it drilled by Specialized Armament so it can use a standard pivot pin.

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top