Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2022 12:20:52 PM EDT
I just put a build together and installed an SSA-E trigger and I swear there seems to be a very slight delay after pulling the trigger and when the hammer actually releases. It's barely perceptible, so much so that I'm not even sure if it's just in my head. But I have an SSA-E in another rifle and it definitely does not seem the same. It also does not sound like it's smacking into the firing pin with as much force as my other SSA-E, or two SSP's that I have.

And it only happens when trying to pull through the second stage. If I pull through both stages in in one motion, it doesn't seem to be an issue.

It also only seems to happen when the upper is installed on the lower. Pulling the trigger when the lower is separated (against an earplug for a buffer), it doesn't seem to do it.

Anyone experience this before or have any insight? Again, it's so minute that I'm not sure if it's even really an issue or just me. I have not had a chance to live fire the gun yet to see how it acts.

Thanks

Link Posted: 10/30/2022 7:39:19 PM EDT
[#1]
A view from the side and/or a 3/4 view would be useful.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I had the same problem, that radian talon has to be 100% in the fire position, if it’s not, it will feel like a 3 stage trigger
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 8:08:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had the same problem, that radian talon has to be 100% in the fire position, if it’s not, it will feel like a 3 stage trigger
View Quote

Interesting. I wonder if it makes a difference that it's set at 50 degrees?
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 8:26:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Interesting. I wonder if it makes a difference that it's set at 50 degrees?
View Quote

Just put a good force on it when it’s on 45 fire position and see if it feels good
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 8:34:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Just put a good force on it when it’s on 45 fire position and see if it feels good
View Quote

I think that it does? I'm going to put the OEM safety back in and see if I notice a drastic change
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 8:50:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I think that it does? I'm going to put the OEM safety back in and see if I notice a drastic change
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dang that was it 100%. Thanks man!
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 1:40:35 AM EDT
[#7]
ran into same problem.   what i did was take a dremel metal polishing bit and made smooth the inside of the "hole" where the radian is inserted.  you may notice its not completely smooth, has to be smooth.  you notice when u pull trigger back the arm will rotate to the 12 o clock position set your arm to 11:45 and pull trigger, you'll see it goes to 12.  but its not smooth enough so there is hesitation
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 6:24:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Dang that was it 100%. Thanks man!
View Quote

Glad you got it figured out
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Glad you got it figured out
View Quote

I ordered a Badger Ordnance C1 safety to replace the Radian. Hopefully that one doesn't have any issues
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 11:27:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Has anyone tried the Noveske 60 degree?
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 9:02:34 PM EDT
[#11]
clicked on this post thinking somebody had found an issue with the SSA-E, find out it's a click-bait misleading thread title, and it's really just the Gucci safety selector.

OP should change the thread title, FFS.

should be "Possible issue with Gucci safety selector".
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 10:56:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
clicked on this post thinking somebody had found an issue with the SSA-E, find out it's a click-bait misleading thread title, and it's really just the Gucci safety selector.

OP should change the thread title, FFS.

should be "Possible issue with Gucci safety selector".
View Quote

Lmaooo gtfo here. Clown
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 12:12:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Has anyone tried the Noveske 60 degree?
View Quote
I have run the noveske 60* with both SSA and SSA-E triggers with out issue.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top