Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/30/2023 10:58:05 PM EDT
So i have a possible carrier tilt. I have adams arms standard piston. Anyway to possibly fix it? Will an enhanced buffer fix it?
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 11:08:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have pics?

Link Posted: 3/30/2023 11:30:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rpoL98] [#2]
Originally Posted By SweetBacon:
So i have a possible carrier tilt. I have adams arms standard piston. Anyway to possibly fix it? Will an enhanced buffer fix it?
View Quote

I have a few AA piston set-ups.  I like them, they work great for me.

hopefully you're using their bolt carrier, which is a little fatter at the back end, specifically for that.

also, you should use one of the buffer tubes that have the extended lip at the front, to help cradle the back end of the bolt carrier.  POF or Aero Precision Enhanced.  I prefer the Aero.

next, you should have a light coating of grease on the inside of the buffer tube, so that the back of the bolt carrier glides into the buffer tube, without galling.  I use synthetic wheel bearing grease.  Oil isn't thick enough, needs to be grease.

I use regular buffers, appropriately tuned.  But I guess you could use that buffer that has that nose that fits into the back of the bolt carrier.  I guess that would work, but I haven't had to resort to that.

yeah, pics would help.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Picture_posting_tutorial_and_PICTURE_test_thread/168-638569/?
I prefer Imgur.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top