Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2019 2:43:21 PM EDT
Looking at a10. 5 inch 5.56 sba3 brace pistol build

The lop on the sba3 is ok for me shouldering it. Except mbuis height irons and standard red dot mountd dont work with my neck, i cant scrunch down far enough to get good sight picture

Was thinking a 1.93 mount may work

Thoughts?? Anyone else have this issue?
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 4:25:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Thoughts? Well, without knowing you or your shooting style it is hard to say. Many people shoot having only the bottom 1-2" of a stock touching their shoulder instead of putting the whole back of the stock into the shoulder pocket. Not ideal to manage recoil, but that's their shooting style. A taller red dot mount might help you if you're trying to shoulder into the pocket but not lower your neck too far to get a cheek weld. I'd need to see your shooting stance.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 6:03:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Thoughts?? Anyone else have this issue?
View Quote
You must be an absolute beast of a man.
There's the ARMS mounts/rails, Swan sleeve etc.
http://armsmounts.com/shop/rail-systems/a-r-m-s-50m-bi-level-s-i-r-system-2/
Also for your optics, UNITY is coming out with their FAST mount systems for use with NVG and Gmasks
http://www.unitytactical.com/product-category/fast-mounts/

The SBA3 sucks ass for laying prone and firing without moving all your optics way up on the rail. Probably the same for any brace. I like my magnifier lens to be right above the charge handle and laying down, tries giving me a black eye every shot.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 7:57:22 PM EDT
[#3]
No issues here. Less a little difference in feel at the shoulder, nothing else changes (for me) between shouldering the SBA3, A2 stock, collapsible carbine. All of my optics are between 2.5" - 3.00" center of glass - center of bore. Most red dots are forward of center on the upper and my prisms are reverse of that.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 8:17:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You must be an absolute beast of a man.
There's the ARMS mounts/rails, Swan sleeve etc.
http://armsmounts.com/shop/rail-systems/a-r-m-s-50m-bi-level-s-i-r-system-2/
Also for your optics, UNITY is coming out with their FAST mount systems for use with NVG and Gmasks
http://www.unitytactical.com/product-category/fast-mounts/

The SBA3 sucks ass for laying prone and firing without moving all your optics way up on the rail. Probably the same for any brace. I like my magnifier lens to be right above the charge handle and laying down, tries giving me a black eye every shot.
View Quote
former college ol a long time ago
6'5" 330ish with an abused neck from said college football

not sure the arms stuff works?

I think it just needs to be higher? so I can look down the scope/dot etc
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 8:21:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No issues here. Less a little difference in feel at the shoulder, nothing else changes (for me) between shouldering the SBA3, A2 stock, collapsible carbine. All of my optics are between 2.5" - 3.00" center of glass - center of bore. Most red dots are forward of center on the upper and my prisms are reverse of that.
View Quote
do you ntch?

on a buddies pistol, I just can't get down into it enough to even see through the red dot fov

We have discussed the difference between my zero and his zero,    he is way high with my zero on my 5x prism 20 inch rifle, I can barely even get a sight picture with his pistol
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 11:08:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

do you ntch?

on a buddies pistol, I just can't get down into it enough to even see through the red dot fov

We have discussed the difference between my zero and his zero,    he is way high with my zero on my 5x prism 20 inch rifle, I can barely even get a sight picture with his pistol
View Quote
No I don't. With a red dot I'm typically a solid inch back from ch and 2" back with prisms.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 11:19:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
I can see where you need extra tall which isn't a problem. Your body, your gun, your need. If you live near a store that could "fit" you, that'd be great so that you don't blow unnecessary money. You can get your buddy to measure what's comfortable for you and proceed from there. Perhaps a cheek riser too?
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 1:48:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
So you are a beast, go figure.
The sleeve is just a full length riser, if you want irons you'll need the rear sight thats built for the riser height.. The sleeve with the rail is just cool. It will raise your optic up.
The Unity FAST will raise it up too. They're praised for being amazing, but they haven't been released quite yet. I'm positive you'd love them though. The combo might be too much height.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 9:15:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks to all, will try suggestions
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top