BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2020 9:07:52 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I am going to keep using my firearms as designed.  I have the ATF letters for each of my braces.  The ATF approved them.  

I was at the range yesterday and I will be out again Friday.  

So far the issue is all but 2 SB tactical braces, that cause attached firearms to be classified as unregistered NFA firearms.

Soon it Will be ALL braces.

Then all AR’s.

Then variants and all the small batch manufacturers.

Meanwhile, I will keep going to the range and the wilds, and shooting.  And smiling.
It’s just words on paper.

Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:19:24 AM EDT
[#2]
FPNI
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 12:10:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:08:04 PM EDT
[#4]
If braces go away, a bare pistol tube still makes a good cheek rest.

Edit: While I personally don’t think braces are going away anytime soon, it never hurts to have a backup plan if there are changes on the horizon.
But I’m not tossing something in the trash just cause it might be banned one day.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:55:20 PM EDT
[#5]
But I’m not tossing something in the trash just cause it might be banned one day.
View Quote

Ya methinks somebody is putting the cart before the horse.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:58:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Edit: While I personally don’t think braces are going away anytime soon, it never hurts to have a backup plan if there are changes on the horizon.
View Quote

I planned on these getting banned sooner or later the same way I plan on AR/AK types being banned one day. It will all be banned one day along with other things non gun related but this is not GD so I'll try and add some tech type ideas below.

Prepping for this in the salad days I always try and clone my pistol length stuff in a 14.5 p/w or 16 just for practice use because going to the range or transportation is when they will more than likely get you.

I'm sure the industry will come out with a plane tube that's comfier down the road but maybe not look cool I would imagine this opening some type of market. Some company is going to get rich until they ban a buffer tubes, AR pistols aren't useless.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 3:39:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah....no.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 2:05:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

A crutch tip on the end of a rifle extension will make an adequate "stock" in the event of a ban on braces.  They also make foam pipe insulation that you can put on it for cheek weld.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 4:15:32 PM EDT
[#9]
If they ever outlaw tennis balls, then I'll be an outlaw. But then I am disabled and I used my original brace as designed.

Link Posted: 11/29/2020 6:49:00 PM EDT
[#10]
When the ATF plays these fuck fuck games a lot of AR pistols will be getting normal stocks.

As was mentioned in another thread, there are a lot of people already doing this that have no clue about the NFA bullshit they are supposed to abide by.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top