Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2020 2:30:58 AM EDT
So I have a couple barrels.

One uses an A2 FSB Gas Block. The thing is bomb proof, I should probably just get it shaved down.

One is a BA Barrel with pinned low profile. Uses a roll Pin and there is minimal play with the roll Pin installed.  Even with aet screws not torqued down, it kinda gives me some confidence I guess.

The Third is a Faxon and the gas block has some really obnoxious side to side okay with the roll Pin in it. The one that came with it seemed too short. I went with a 1/2 length one that helped but there is still possible movement.

I had another barrel with a low profile gas block that used a Taper pin. The thing was solid even without set screws.

Is this to be expected with gas blocks that use roll pins? I thought the whole point of pinning it was so set screws loosening won't become an issue. It seems like both need to be used in this case.

I know this wasn't the case with a Geiselle but the pin used was pretty huge.

Geiselle aside, taper pins just seem better overall. What is your experience?

I suppose I could find a solid pin for the Faxon. I know Noveske uses those
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 1:59:32 PM EDT
[#1]
So I was told the side to side okay on the gas block is normal. I get it, but that isn't what I had in mind when I wanted a pinned low pro.

I'll be sending a FSB to adco to be shaved /reparked. Looking forward to having a bomb proof gb.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 2:13:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't worry about it unless my front sight is attached to the GB
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top