Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/12/2021 11:21:26 AM EDT
Not just a photo of the 2 on the rifle, but of the FSB THROUGH the LVPO. I can't find a Geissele 1.93 (only one I want) so I guess I'll have to use my 1.5 on my Block II FSP with a Vortex Razor HD Gen 2 1-6x I'm about to trade some stuff for. I've always been an EOTech guy so I'm new to the LVPO scene and wanted to see how bad the FSP was on low magnification and if I can tolerate it before I commit to the trade.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 8:50:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 9:00:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Thank you. That helps some. Unfortunately a lot of the pics were

Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:25:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Not just a photo of the 2 on the rifle, but of the FSB THROUGH the LVPO. I can't find a Geissele 1.93 (only one I want) so I guess I'll have to use my 1.5 on my Block II FSP with a Vortex Razor HD Gen 2 1-6x I'm about to trade some stuff for. I've always been an EOTech guy so I'm new to the LVPO scene and wanted to see how bad the FSP was on low magnification and if I can tolerate it before I commit to the trade.
View Quote

Be cafreful, if you think you are going to be bothered, you will be....I tried and it drove me drinking and severe counciling

Joking aside, I did not like it.  Had a 1-4 on a rifle with a fixed FSP and it lasted for about two range trips, changed it back to an EOT.  

ETA:  I had a 3.5 ACOG at one time with a FSP and that was not too bad....it is the optical 1X that bothers me

Bronc

Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:47:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve been using 1-4,6,&8 on FSB carbines for at least a decade.   Never been bothered by it in the least.

Link Posted: 2/10/2021 10:03:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I keep setting up a 20"AR in M16A4 configuration every couple of years and realize.....again..... the ACOG with a front sight post bugs the hell out of me. Thats a 4x optic. 1x?? No way.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 6:40:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's a carbine length FSP with a Burris RT-6.  Focus isn't quite right with a cell cam, but you get the idea.
ETA: The scope's mounted in a LaRue LT204 30mm 1.5" centerline mount.

1x

6x
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 6:58:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Everything's a compromise.  Traditional red dots are blurry to my eyes.  I don't like fixed magnification prisms.  So, I'm willing to put up with the FSB through my 1-4.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:21:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 12:45:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the Razor 1-6x on a 16" carbine with an A2 front sight post.  It does not bother me in the slightest.  Nothing.  Nada. Zip.  

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 1:14:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a the original Daniel Defense DDM4 v1 with the extended rail that wraps around the front sight, 16" barrel and I want to put an optic on it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 1:25:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have a the original Daniel Defense DDM4 v1 with the extended rail that wraps around the front sight, 16" barrel and I want to put an optic on it.
View Quote

The RT-6 pics above are with a Daniel Defense Omega X Rail 12.0 FSP, which is an old slim FF quad rail that extends past the front sight post, on a post-ban 16" upper from around 2004, now Californicated.  The extended rail doesn't make any difference in terms of optic mounting.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 11:59:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I feel like this is similar to the argument about mounting a optic on the carry handle and how high it is. It's something you'll notice a million different wrongs when you're at home playing with it but once out in the field, it's a non-issue.

Yes, sometimes at home I can see the FSB if I concentrate hard enough. I can see a small black "blob" on 4x. At 1x, the post can be seen. It doesn't bother me too much.

However, if you want to shoot at close range, and your particular optic has illuminated reticle, maybe learn the occulted shooting technique. A good way to do this is to have a cap or tape that you put over the front of the sight so you can't see anything out of it. The idea is you use both eyes and so long as you keep both eyes on the target, you can interpose the dot from the optic over the target. You can do this with any optic, no matter the magnification so long as it is illuminated in some way.

Trijicon calls it the Bindon Aiming Concept and Armson still makes the OEG reddot that's sort of still useful amongst today's optic field.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 8:44:20 AM EDT
[#13]
OP, try the combo for yourself. Only way you'll be certain.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:22:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Here's a carbine length FSP with a Burris RT-6.  Focus isn't quite right with a cell cam, but you get the idea.

1x
https://maxicon.com/guns/ar/Burris_RT-6_fsp_02b.JPG

6x
https://maxicon.com/guns/ar/Burris_RT-6_fsp_05b.JPG
View Quote

NO QUARTER FOR THE TREE LIMB!!!!  
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 10:35:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Here’s a Razor 1-6x on a G 2.04 mount at 1 power: Attachment Attached File

While not abysmal, I’d say hold out for the 1.93. For a more direct comparison of a 1.5 mount, I have a pic posted in the Block II thread (I think) of an Elcan at 1x to show the FSB image, and I think the centerline of the Elcan specter sits just below 1/3rd height. I don’t have the pic on my phone anymore, but I believe the FSB sits just below the reticle.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top