Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/18/2018 9:00:50 AM EDT
Hello All,
Anybody have hands on experience with the new Colt style lower that PSA is making?
On their website the reviews are mixed but don't see them mentioned here much.
Wanting some opions before I spend my money. Thanks~
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 4:17:24 AM EDT
[#1]
The Colt type lower I got from PSA wouldn’t mate up with the PSA upper due to the Hybrid bolt hitting the bullet guide in the lower.

PSA replaced the bolt with another Hybrid and still hits. Had to swap in an older PSA Hybrid bolt that cleared the bullet guide.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 2:53:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I had that same issue with a mix-n-match QC-10 lower. I took a file to the bullet/feed ramp and filed until it cleared, no biggie. I've also seen where there was a 'spacer' for some reason under the feed ramp. Drive out the roll pin, remove spacer, replace pin.

Or just buy a Spike's colt lower unit. Actually pretty nice.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 4:13:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Literally just got my stamp back a few days ago. Ran a few mags through it at work yesterday. All functioned well.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 9:45:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one. Its my only problem child out of all of my 9MM I have built. I haven't messed with to much but it is a head ache. never again will I buy a PSA 9MM lower.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 11:30:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one. Its my only problem child out of all of my 9MM I have built. I haven't messed with to much but it is a head ache. never again will I buy a PSA 9MM lower.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/66213/20171030_172355_jpg-744751.JPG
View Quote
What problems are the lower causing?
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:07:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 6:41:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Failure to eject,  mostly. Like it was short cycling. Fells like the bolt was dragging on the feed ramp ears. But I cant see any rub marks like it was. Started out with a JP buffer/ bolt set up.  Now back to a standard bolt and 9mm buffer set up.

I have changed some stuff and have not gotten out to test  it. It maybe fixed. But still my only 9mm thst I have had to mess with since I build it.

They are about like DPMS I had a very bad experience with DPMS many years ago and I will not buy any of their products from them every again.
DPMS sold me a faulty bolt carrier group that I put maybe 50 rounds thru in single shot because it would not cycle.
I sent it back for them to look at it. They called me to inform me that they would not warranty it because it in their opinion it had thousands of rounds on it. They sent it back to me with new gas rings on it. And it still did not work but every other BCG I put into that rifle worked
And the BCG would not work in any rifle I tried it in.
I truly think either the guy didn't know what he was looking at or they sold me a used BCG. It looked new to me.

Sorry for the rant. Off topic I know.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:12:22 PM EDT
[#8]
@EARRNHARDT3

I'm not far from Hawkeye home base and have several PCC's that needed tinkered with. If you'd like a hand with it, shoot me a PM. I work cheap
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:18:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hello All,
Anybody have hands on experience with the new Colt style lower that PSA is making?
On their website the reviews are mixed but don't see them mentioned here much.
Wanting some opions before I spend my money. Thanks~
View Quote
I got one a while back.  Nice lower but it pissed me off because neither my bolt for my Colt style 9mm AR I had or the bolt for the Glock mag AR I had would work with it.    I was planning on replacing the lower on the Colt style I already had and reusing that lower w/o the mag block.  Ended up buying another upper from them when they were on sale and built a new AR.

Their tech support was crappy IMO when I contacted them via the normal methods.  It's good when you deal w/ them here.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top