Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2020 7:30:02 PM EDT
I've been waiting on this since I seen the Israeli one. I'm in for one as soon as they come out! And I'm already good on scorpion magazines. Thanks Palmetto!

Steve
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 7:38:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in for a 5.5 - 7.5 inch pistol with a folding brace!
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 7:44:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, trying not to buy stuff.

Have a CZ so mags are GTG.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 7:45:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Dang I want one with a shorter barrel. PSA looks like they're going to knock it out the park this year.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:07:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Any ETA on these rifles?
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:22:39 PM EDT
[#5]
All they’re saying right now is coming soon. I do hope it’s quicker than their unicorn MP5.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:30:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Here’s a better picture of the receiver. It is straight blowback operated. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:46:56 PM EDT
[#7]
@C_Swimm
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 9:02:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I can't be the only one that thinks this looks like crap..... blocky and unrefined.
Maybe my perception is off, but the Emtan MZ-9 is what I dream of when I think of a scorpion mag AR.
https://www.emtan.co.il/products/commercial/mz-9s/mz-9s-5-barrel-detail.html

It will be interesting to see if New Frontier or Quarter Circle 10 jumps in the Scropion mag AR game.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 10:08:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks pretty good, but I'm a little disappointed it doesn't have AR style mag release buttons. If it's going to be on an AR platform, I at least want all the standard AR controls, but that's just me. There's another company coming out with a Scorpion mag lower, though never heard of them. It does look better designed to me than the PSA lower personally. Full ambi AR controls in addition to a paddle mag release.

https://www.recoilweb.com/wraithworks-launches-warscorp9-scorpion-mag-ar-156724.html
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 10:15:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't be the only one that thinks this looks like crap..... blocky and unrefined.
Maybe my perception is off, but the Emtan MZ-9 is what I dream of when I think of a scorpion mag AR.

It will be interesting to see if New Frontier or Quarter Circle 10 jumps in the Scropion mag AR game.
View Quote
I'm with ya.  When I saw the headline I was excited, and then I saw the picture.  Nothanx
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 10:22:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks more natural then glock mags
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 10:40:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Good lord I'm gonna have to get a 2nd job to get my hands on all the cool stuff PSA is rollin out for 2020
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 12:47:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Hell, its not a prom dress!  Hit it with some Krylon if its too ugly.  I am in for one.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
I completely agree, I had high hopes for this and still do, aesthetically speaking I am disappointed though.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:01:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm in for a 5.5 - 7.5 inch pistol with a folding brace!
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:33:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Looks pretty good, but I'm a little disappointed it doesn't have AR style mag release buttons. If it's going to be on an AR platform, I at least want all the standard AR controls, but that's just me. There's another company coming out with a Scorpion mag lower, though never heard of them. It does look better designed to me than the PSA lower personally. Full ambi AR controls in addition to a paddle mag release.

https://www.recoilweb.com/wraithworks-launches-warscorp9-scorpion-mag-ar-156724.html
View Quote
This one more than slightly resembles the PSA version. Although the PSA version does have a conventional charging handle. But I really did want more of an Emtan style with AR controls. I've got two AR Pistol Carbines that use modified UZI mags, a Colt and a RRA. Both work fine but always thought the stick magazine looked off. And the versions using Glock magazines look worse.

I know people say you want function over fashion but if that was 100% true, we wouldn't have such a diversified gun market. Sorry, but part of my decision in owning a weapon is aesthetics kinda like buying a boat or a car. We all have our likes and dislikes. I just want an AR style platform that uses Scorpion Mags. If the PSA functions ok and doesn't break the bank, I'm definitely in for one. And if someone comes out with ones thats better, I'm in for that too. That's what the game is all about. I like guns or I wouldn't be on this forum.

Lets just hope that High Point doesn't get the idea to make one of their carbines that use Scorpion mags.

Steve
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:49:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hell, its not a prom dress!  Hit it with some Krylon if its too ugly.  I am in for one.
View Quote
Too funny not to comment lol! But, yea I'm in for one too. I know Josiah over at Palmetto will be relieved because I've nagged him for over a year for something like this to come out.

Steve
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:16:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Kryloon ain't gonna change the aesthetics of that thing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:59:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Have you seen the new MP5
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 6:13:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Go to 2 minutes in.

What Happens in Vegas... Happens at New Frontier Armory!
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:33:44 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote
I like it! I'm glad to see that companies are finally getting on board with the CZ Scorpion Mags. Give it another year or two and I think it'll outdo the Glock mags both on price and aesthetics.

Steve
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 3:34:58 PM EDT
[#22]
If you were in the market for a 9mm pistol would you wait for this to come out or get something now that takes glock mags?
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 3:44:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If you were in the market for a 9mm pistol would you wait for this to come out or get something now that takes glock mags?
View Quote
Or build a stadard lower with an adapter until one comes out and then use that lower for another build and swap in the scorpion one
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 5:23:44 PM EDT
[#24]
I have a Scorpion, I have a glock mag ar9.  My opinion the scorpion mag will be better than the Glock mag AR9.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 5:49:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have a Scorpion, I have a glock mag ar9.  My opinion the scorpion mag will be better than the Glock mag AR9.
View Quote
I also have a Scorpion, Kel-Tec Sub2000 that takes Glock Mags and two Colt pattern AR 9mm carbines. Ones a Colt, the other RRA. I'm still going to purchase an AR-pattern rifle that use Scorpion mags. One, I like the geometry of the curved magazine compared to the stick and two, I've got 4 times the number of 30-rd Scorpion mags compared to the Glock 33-rd ones. Both the Colt 32rd and Glock 33rd round magazines are currently running $30 each or more while I picked up 20 Palmetto AK-V/Scorpion mags for $12 each that have been running without issues.

With the new Scorpion mags by CZ, Magpul now in the game with the 35 rd mag and 50rd drum, I feel that would solidly cover my bases in addition to the other Scorpion mags I have.( PSA & Manticore Arms).  As always, YMMV but as for me I'm still in the game for one or two.

Steve
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 11:17:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Pick your poison, both are fugly.  I went with the Endomag system.  I expect there will be other Scorpion mag options with much better ergo's coming out soon.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 7:59:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Dont even say that. Dont distract QC10 from their P320 goals.

Actually go ahead and let them. I want to see New Frontier, QC10, and PSA duke it out over this stuff
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 3:54:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Or build a stadard lower with an adapter until one comes out and then use that lower for another build and swap in the scorpion one
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like where your head's at. I have Colt mags and no 9mm AR.

It may make the wait for the NFA folding Scorpion lower tolerable.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:50:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Well, being I have a Scorpion, I see a one of the Scorpion mags lowers to go with my Colt and Glock PCC's
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 4:07:21 PM EDT
[#31]
I just want one of these lowers to be compatible with CMMG's radial delayed blowback system. Missed out on PSA's colt mag lowers and PSA branded colt mags(here is to hoping they make them again one day) so I definitely want to get in on this. Especially since PSA makes cheap scorpion mags.
Combine it with a side charging upper, and i would be set.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top