Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/3/2018 1:04:49 PM EDT
They're  clearanceing their 22 upper, m lok rail anyone have one? Good,bad,?
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 1:37:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
They're  clearanceing their 22 upper, m lok rail anyone have one? Good,bad,?
View Quote
Did you look at the 1st page ??

There is 2 current PSA .22 threads.

might be more threads in the previous pages.

_
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 6:09:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I think the 16" ones are OK. Some of us sent back the pistol length for refund or repair.
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine has a tight chamber and CCI mini mags wouldn't seat fully.

It seems to be wearing in but I may end up polishing the chamber.

To me, that's a minor issue and overall, I'm very happy with it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 2:18:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got the 16" upper and mounted it on a Windham Weaponry lower. Seems to shoot great (under a 1" @ 50yards off a bench with rest and sand bas). The lowerer has a JP spring kit and a trigger stop screw. I have a cheap 1X4 Bushnell AR optic. Shot 100 rounds of CCI Mini Mags and no failures. Now for the bad. Cleaned off the lower when I first received it with carburetor cleaner. I noticed two gouge marks on the bottom side of the handrail by the hinge pins about the size of a number two pencil lead. I never noticed this during the unpackaging inspection. I feel that they had covered it with some kind of black cover up and the carburetor cleaner removed it. I messaged PSA customer service with the problem and sent pictures. They offered return postage and either reimburse for the purchase price or another upper or keep the upper and $30 gift card. I opted for the latter even though a blemished upper was $80 less than a nonblemished upper. I was scared of a long drawn affair off exchanging uppers. The bolt will not manually lock back but does lock back on the magazine after the last round. I didn't know if that was normal.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 2:41:05 PM EDT
[#5]
The PSA 22 LR upper bolts will not lock back.  The 22 rimfire bolt from the Ciener/CMMG/PSA pattern will not lock back with a factory AR-15 bolt catch.   You can purchase a Boonie Packer Better Mag Adapter and use S&W 15-22 mags to get a fully functional bolt catch.   The Black Dog Machine mags use a bolt hold open follower.  The follower blocks the bolt from closing on an empty mag.   With out a BHO mag repeated firing pin hits on rimfire guns can damage the end of the barrel and reduce the life of firing pins.

If your using only the 22 upper on a lower Catch 22 makes a bolt catch which enables the bolt catch to work with a PSA 22 LR upper.

https://arcatch22.com/products/catch22-v1-bolt-catch

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/caliber-conversion-kits/ar-15-m16-better-mag-s-w-m-p-15-22-magazine-conversion-adapter-prod56474.aspx
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top