Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/1/2020 1:16:06 PM EDT
I've sent a request to PSA but wanted to ask here also. Just mated my new PX-9 EPT lower with PA-9 upper that has a Gen4 bolt. Cycling the bolt manually will reset the trigger only when trigger issue not depressed. Holding trigger and cycling bolt week not reset when releasing the trigger. I've read here that common issue is mismatched bolt and trigger. Since this is all PSA I expect it to work together. Maybe something with the enhanced polished trigger (EPT)?

UPDATE: Read another post where someone said the same issue cleared up after 20+ times cycling. I tried this and eventually it seems to reset. Before it started to reset regularly, I could push the trigger forward to force a reset. Guess I'll wait to see how it runs with ammo later this week
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 2:01:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like trigger spring issue maybe the legs are in the wrong place
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 7:25:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the hint. Trigger spring and hammer spring look correct. I didn't take it apart to check the disconnect spring orientation. I continued to cycle lower only using my thumb to reset and catch the hammer. Now it resets 9/10 times. When it fails, it seems to hang up on the hook.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 2:42:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Finally got it out to the range. Twice it failed to reset the trigger but seemed fine after that. PSA offered to take it back but I think it's going to be ok. And now it probably won't repeat the issue for them.  If I get really unhappy with it then I'll drop in a flat trigger. I don't want to put any more money in it right now.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top