Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2021 12:02:58 PM EDT
Hi, I bought a stripped lower about 8 months ago from PSA (I since bought a couple Aero stripped ones) and when i shoot with this PSA lower there is always gas/smoke coming out of it after every shot. It seems odd to me since all the gas is handled by the upper, but I have tried different uppers, which produce no smoke with the Aero receivers, but when on the PSA one produce a ton of smoke. It also happens with the first shot and actually gets a bit better after shooting more. I figured whatever it is would burn off after a while, but it has not. Any ideas on what to do?
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 2:07:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Lighten up your lube in the  upper.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 4:59:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Your upper is probably doused in lube. When I first took mine out to the range for the first time, I took the advice I read here from someone and nearly soaked my ar. When I took the first shot I had fireballs and smoke from the upper lol. Less lube, less fireballs, less smoke, less dirty lube trickling down the magwell.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#4]
You guys are talking about the upper, which would make sense because that’s where the hot gasses go first, but I can take the same upper put it on an Aero lower: no smoke, then put it back on the PSA lower: loads of smoke. That’s why I am baffled...
By the way, I built both uppers and lowers; used copper based anti seize grease on the upper’s threads.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 5:36:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top