[#2]
Are they not rebranded Amend 2 mags?
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 7:16:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 7:35:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I like PSA but at $7.99 I’d say no.

Now if they were $5 yeah.

At $7.99 I’ll get usgi metal mags that I know will work. Or spend $1-2 more and get pmags.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 7:59:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Just wondered if anyone here had used one. Might buy 5 tonight just to try ,not sure yet.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 8:30:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Pmag M3s can be had for $9.99.

Just saying.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 8:30:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think they are made by Thril, which had a table at The Gathering showing the various things they make, including PSA AR-V and AK-V mags.  Could be wrong, didn't look at everything on the table.
View Quote

Interesting.  Never heard of Thril.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 8:38:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Buy 3, beat the shit out of them, see how they perform.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 8:50:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Interesting.  Never heard of Thril.
View Quote

The PSA branded AK mags I think came from Thril.  So far, those and the AKV mags are pretty good.  The AK and AKV mags have metal inserts around the feed lips and locking tabs and whatnot.  These AR mags are lower priced so I'd guess probably not steel reinforced but they do have the capability for that down the road.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 9:24:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Unless something has changed and they didn’t update the pictures, these mags predate the existence of Thril as a company. Aside from that, I’m pretty sure Amend 2 would sue Thril and PSA for making an exact carbon copy of their magazine and putting a PSA logo on it.

Thril magazine.

PSA magazine.

Amend 2 magazine.

Amend 2 mags do not have a good reputation. I haven’t heard much on Thril but I have one of their grips and it’s well made.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 9:33:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Unless something has changed and they didn’t update the pictures, these mags predate the existence of Thril as a company. Aside from that, I’m pretty sure Amend 2 would sue Thril and PSA for making an exact carbon copy of their magazine and putting a PSA logo on it.

Thril magazine.
https://www.thril.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/mags-featured-image.png

PSA magazine.
https://palmettostatearmory.com/media/catalog/product/cache/7af8331bf1196ca28793bd1e8f6ecc7b/p/s/psa-custom-556x45-30-round-ar-15-magazine_-black_3.jpg

Amend 2 crapazine.
https://www.amend2mags.com/Images/Big/ix3c3916jpeg20210730104810.jpg

Amend 2 mags do not have a good reputation. I haven’t heard much on Thril but I have one of their grips and it’s well made.
View Quote

Looked Amend 2 to me based on the pic as well.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 9:41:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Has anyone used these mags? Here is a link to what they look like. Thanks
View Quote

Those are Amend2, made to order for PSA. See their website: https://www.amend2mags.com/ar-15-magazines

I got a couple of Amend branded to try, just 'cause they're made here in my home state. They fit fine, drop free, feed fine, function fine.

Don't much care for the HUGE in-your-face markings tho, they could tone it down a bit.

ps. they even have a "Texas" baseplate for ya
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:50:18 AM EDT
[#13]
In that case, hard pass.  Amend2 magazines are the worst mags I've ever had.  The feed lips spread out pretty severly just from sitting there on a shelf loaded.  To the point you can look at the mags too hard and rounds fall out of them.  The feed lips are now fatter than the magwell.  You have to force the mags into the gun and they don't drop free.  I wouldn't buy these if they were $1.50 a mag.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:20:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Pmag M3s can be had for $9.99.

Just saying.
View Quote

i have never seen them for this cheap. got a link? or you could IM me it, id really appreciate it!

they look like amend 2 mags. paaaaaass. magpuls are not really that expensive per and they work fantastic.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top