Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2018 8:07:33 PM EDT
Hey all I’ve got a psa pa10 gen 2 lower that I need to pick up an upper for. My question is are the stainless barrels that they carry the most of decent quality or should I wait for the chf barrels to come back in stock? Same also for their nitride 308 barreled uppers. Is it reasonable to expect 1moa out of these? Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 8:14:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an early 16 inch stainless steel barrel.  At first the chamber seemed super tight, but now I have about 900 or so rounds through it, and things or burrs seem to have gone away.  Accuracy is good but not great.  It is about an 1.5 MOA gun, which for hog and deer hunting is just fine.  So far this season 2018, I have taken a doe, a buck, 2 hogs, and a raccoon with it.  No issues with shots out to 120 yards on my targets.  I do have to watch my loads as it does seem to have some pressure issues with hot loads.  With max loads of IMR-4064, I have had some primer piercing, primer flow, and extractor swipes/burrs on brass.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:15:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I purchased the PSA Gen 2 upper with the 20” stainless steel barrel, rifle length gas for $400.  I can’t build this upper for that price.  I don’t have enough rounds down range yet to comment about accuracy.  I’m waiting on a screw for my adj gas block I installed.

Over the BF weekend, I almost fo’d on a $159 Faxon 18” nitride rifle length barrel.  But, for my intended purpose, I’m happy with what I got.... for now.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 2:43:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one of the 18" medium-light profile ones, with midlength gas. It shoots OK but not amazing. Best groups I have achieved were in the 1.75" range, with more mostly in the 2-2.5" range. That being said, I haven't made any effort to do load development and thus is with my generic M80 clone blasting loads. It is not as consistently accurate as the 18" FN CHF PA-10 rifle-gas upper, or the 20" Criterion that I also have.

One positive note has been that although it seems somewhat overgassed, reliability has been flawless, and it doesn't mangle brass. The profile of the barrel and balance of the resulting rifle is also very good, perfect for a hunting 308 AR.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 10:54:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I got my Superlative Arms Adjustable Bleed Off Gas Block repaired. Here are some pictures of some of my shooting with accuracy / inaccuracy results.

First - PA10 Gen2 upper & lower; 20" rifle length SS Barrel.  PSA EPT (trigger.)
Second - I'm a noob.  I can't shoot for shit.  Still learning.  This gun can shoot way better than I can.

Link Posted: 12/11/2018 12:04:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top