Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2020 5:38:54 PM EDT
I have a build it’s 2 years old have several thousand accurate rounds run through it anyway I’m going to try make this fast it has a PSA 15” M-Lok rail looking along the top of the picany rail 1 side has 2mm of metal the opposite side is paper thin. Well you can probably guess my problem it finally cracked about 1 inch long we’re it butts against receiver and yes I know to torque it to 6-8 ft lb that’s it. Anyway as we all know every M-LoK rail manufacturer uses a different barrel nut. A matter of fact PSA just had them on sale my question is  1 why don’t they sell that rail 2 does anyone know of another rail that will work with that nut. PSA wants me to send in my entire upper so they can replace the 15” M-Lok rail. They will pay shipping both ways 100% they looked at my pics & video and admitted to it being defective. My question is I take it off for cleaning 40 times a year, it’s not a barrel nut we’re some could get hurt, plus they sell others on there website I just don’t understand why I have to take off my sight wrap my upper in multiple layers of towels and packing paper when this literally would take 10 seconds to fix. Anyway if anyone knows of another brand that will fit in the next 3-5 days before I send this off to PSA for a 10 second fix would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Again
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#1]
They may want to replace with a newer edition so they may have to relplace your barrel nut would be my guess
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 5:26:58 AM EDT
[#2]
You take your rail off for cleaning 40 times a year? JFC. Stop doing that.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 11:38:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You take your rail off for cleaning 40 times a year? JFC. Stop doing that.
View Quote
Yeah, no shit.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 3:10:34 PM EDT
[#4]
First off, welcome to the site.  Secondly, stop removing the rail.  I've replaced rails as a matter of function and preference, but I've never removed one for cleaning purposes.  Finally, sending your upper to PSA is cheaper than going to buy another rail on your dime.  Let them take care of you.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top