BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 4/15/2022 8:57:20 PM EDT
Anyone tried one of these? Have they been reliable?
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 4:03:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I have both the Rouge and thr Revolution.  Both have been great with both 147 ball and 168 grain match.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 5:54:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Had the rogue, zero issues.  Got rid of the rogue and bought a revolution 16”, zero issues.  Had a 12.7” revolution, zero issues.  Got rid of the 12.7” cause I really didn't like the blast.

They were all great for me.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 8:11:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Guys; I picked one up today. Should be able to try it this week.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 8:29:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Got the rogue, can't wait to get rid of it. Wish i would have got the Sig version.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 2:06:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Got a 16" Revolution this Feb, and it has been reliable out of the box.

Only con to it was that gigantic adjustable dictator gas block under the HG had very little clearance and was tagging the inside of the HG every 3-4 shots and causing some good fliers.

Since I didn't need it anyway I replaced it with a Geissele pinned GB.

It was really accurate to begin with, but with the large GB hitting the inside of the rail it was getting some off the reservation fliers.

It now groups 1.5-3" with 147gr crap and 3/4" with factory FGGM 168's.

It is also the softest shooting most accurate 308 AR I have ever owned.

I'll be keeping mine for a long time.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I always get them mixed up which one is the little one that’s close to AR-15 size?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 2:36:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I always get them mixed up which one is the little one that’s close to AR-15 size?
View Quote

They both are.

One is just cheaper without the adjustable GB or the ambi controls or the nitrided barrel.

Also a midlength gas system vs a rifle length I believe.

ETA: You may be thinking about their POF 308 full size that they no longer make.

The Revolution and the Rogue are their ar15 size 308.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 7:13:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Put a quick 60 rounds through her, mixed Prvi ball and Federal 150 gr. Nosler ballistic tips. No issues, one of the softest shooting .308s I've tried.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 7:22:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Put a quick 60 rounds through her, mixed Prvi ball and Federal 150 gr. Nosler ballistic tips. No issues, one of the softest shooting .308s I've tried.
View Quote

Good news OP

Glad you are liking it.

I hardly shoot my 556's since I got mine this year.

It's the shiznit as far as I'm concerned.

I just hope it's stays in production with parts support for a long time because I don't want to go through that crap again like I had to with my DPMS gen 2 spec when they went tit's up.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 8:33:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Revolution upper and lower are milled billet and the Rogue is a forged set. Both are the same size.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 5:23:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

that little brake really helps, it feels more like a 308 without it; I'd love to see what a ti carrier would do with the recoil
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 9:51:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

that little brake really helps, it feels more like a 308 without it; I'd love to see what a ti carrier would do with the recoil
View Quote

Adding a cozad mechanical piston buffer (carbine weight) with a Tubbs 308 flatware or Strike Industries 308 flatwire significantly helps with reducing recoil. Both springs work with cozad or stock buffer and they're all affordable.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 12:33:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Adding a cozad mechanical piston buffer (carbine weight) with a Tubbs 308 flatware or Strike Industries 308 flatwire significantly helps with reducing recoil. Both springs work with cozad or stock buffer and they're all affordable.
View Quote

The buffer tube and spring on the POF Rouge and Revolution is a proprietary length. Regular ar15 buffers will fit though.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 2:41:12 AM EDT
[#14]
My 16" Rogue is everything I always wanted from a semi 308, after going through the many heavy, hard to scope, and inaccurate options out there.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 1:29:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My 16" Rogue is everything I always wanted from a semi 308, after going through the many heavy, hard to scope, and inaccurate options out there.
View Quote

Yup loving mine

5rd group below is with factory 168gr FGMM. I'm working on some handloads as we speak.

It actually likes the S&B/GGG 168gr a little better. I put a 10 rd group with those on Mon. in one ragged hole. I forgot to take a pic of that one of course Rifle has been really consistent so I'm hoping I can duplicate Mondays group with my handloads.

I did shim the barrel extension with with .001 shim stock because it was a bit loose fitting in there, and I also ditched the huge dictator GB that was tapping the inside of the rail causing some good fliers. Replaced with a pinned geissele GB. I feel an adjustable isn't needed for this sample of one.

The group below is after I did all the mods.  Hole in the upper section is from a 150gr FMJ sighter. Revoultion doesn't seem to like the lighter pills. Already tried some handloads with some Hornady 150 FMJ's and they were much better but only 2-3" at 100 with a middle charged load.

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:13:15 PM EDT
[#16]
I just got a 16.5" Rogue and here's how it's set up now:

There was no loctite on the factory handguard screws or the gas block, so getting the CMT 15" handguard swapped in was easy.

Optic is a Burris TMPR 5x with Fastfire 3.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:11:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The buffer tube and spring on the POF Rouge and Revolution is a proprietary length. Regular ar15 buffers will fit though.
View Quote

I'm aware.  The 2 springs mentioned work perfectly fine with the cozad buffer/stock buffer, along with the stock rogue spring.  Also changed the carrier to the Revolution carrier (then had it DLCd) and added a Superlative Arms piston system with a modified rod.  It's about an ounce or 3 lighter (without optics) than the stock 16.5" setup, using a 15" V7 handguard. I have a few other modifications with it, too.  In terms of the buffer tube, I changed out the buffer tube to a A5 carbon fiber tube by smoke composites and added a couple delrin spacers to match depth of the stock tube.

The best thing about this platform is how modular it is in comparison with other AR15 sized AR10s. It's like what the DPMS G2 was supposed to be. It eats all the ammo I feed it, from FMJ 308 to 7.62x51 green tip, to any 'power point' I feed it in various grains. Just wild how little issues I have with it, maintaining accuracy. Recently added a 1-10x Atibal FFP LPVO. Will see how it performs.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:39:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm aware.  The 2 springs mentioned work perfectly fine with the cozad buffer/stock buffer, along with the stock rogue spring.  Also changed the carrier to the Revolution carrier (then had it DLCd) and added a Superlative Arms piston system with a modified rod.  It's about an ounce or 3 lighter (without optics) than the stock 16.5" setup, using a 15" V7 handguard. I have a few other modifications with it, too.  In terms of the buffer tube, I changed out the buffer tube to a A5 carbon fiber tube by smoke composites and added a couple delrin spacers to match depth of the stock tube.

The best thing about this platform is how modular it is in comparison with other AR15 sized AR10s. It's like what the DPMS G2 was supposed to be. It eats all the ammo I feed it, from FMJ 308 to 7.62x51 green tip, to any 'power point' I feed it in various grains. Just wild how little issues I have with it, maintaining accuracy. Recently added a 1-10x Atibal FFP LPVO. Will see how it performs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sweet, thanks for breaking it down for me. Thats good to know

Yup so far mine has eaten everything, but it does prefer the heavier bullets from about 155-168 as far as accuracy goes so far.

I got some handloads be decent 1-2 moa with 150gr FMJ's and Tac, but the 168s have been outstanding so far no matter if handloaded or factory.

I'm really digging this thing and I can't seem to put it down. I'm thinking of making it my go to.

I agree 1000% that this is what the DPMS Gen 2 should have been.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:56:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I just got a 16.5" Rogue and here's how it's set up now:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/26706/rogue-2379521.jpg

There was no loctite on the factory handguard screws or the gas block, so getting the CMT 15" handguard swapped in was easy.

Optic is a Burris TMPR 5x with Fastfire 3.
View Quote

@vmpglenn

Did you use a different barrel nut when you replaced the rail?  If so, which one? Also isn't the factory barrel nut like a heat sink?  Any problems?

I was considering using the POF kit that comes with a 13.5" rail, barrel nut and adjustable gas block.  But now you've got me thinking about other options.

Thanks

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:50:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

@vmpglenn

Did you use a different barrel nut when you replaced the rail?  If so, which one? Also isn't the factory barrel nut like a heat sink?  Any problems?

I was considering using the POF kit that comes with a 13.5" rail, barrel nut and adjustable gas block.  But now you've got me thinking about other options.

Thanks

View Quote

I used the barrel nut that came with the CMT handguard. I feel like the whole heat sink thing is some minor benefit and some major marketing.

My barrel got toasty after 85 rounds but it was no worse than an AR15. I don't shoot for groups with this rifle (only really do that with my bolt gun) so I did not notice any huge vertical stringing. I even did 25 rounds standing offhand as controlled pairs with no issue.

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:07:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I used the barrel nut that came with the CMT handguard. I feel like the whole heat sink thing is some minor benefit and some major marketing.

My barrel got toasty after 85 rounds but it was no worse than an AR15. I don't shoot for groups with this rifle (only really do that with my bolt gun) so I did not notice any huge vertical stringing. I even did 25 rounds standing offhand as controlled pairs with no issue.

View Quote

Dude I said the same exact thing about the barrel nut. 99% marketing.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 5:50:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Dude I said the same exact thing about the barrel nut. 99% marketing.
View Quote

Yep, confirmed today the barrel does not behave badly at 200 yards, even when heating up. The CMT barrel nut works fine (so far).

I'm printing 1-2" 5 round groups at 200 yards with a 5x scope shooting Hornady 168gr Amax factory ammo. I would have shot out to 600 today but someone was cutting the grass on the long range...

ETA: I just remembered I have 200 rounds of .308 loaded with Berger 185gr Juggernaut bullets... I'll see if those shoot well through this barrel.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 12:43:13 AM EDT
[#23]
So the consensus is that this thing should be great with 168 and 175 SMKs?
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 3:12:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So the consensus is that this thing should be great with 168 and 175 SMKs?
View Quote

During my research when I was looking into getting my Revolution the majority of owners were finding the heavier projectiles were favored in these barrels.

I have found this to be true myself.

I tested some handloaded 155 smk's and 150 fmj's and they did much better than factory, but still not as good as the 168's I tried so far.

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:40:40 PM EDT
[#25]
These have the fluted chambers, right?  Seeing any issues with reloading the brass?
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:53:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
These have the fluted chambers, right?  Seeing any issues with reloading the brass?
View Quote

Yes they do.

It's supposed to help with extraction, and I have only reloaded about 120rds so far for my Revolution with no issues except I did end up needing a small base die.

I broke mine in with Winchester 149gr white box and man was that shit is fucking hot, and very very inconsistent so I am going to recommend against using it due to my own personal experience, but of course YMMV.

Some rds would have extractor bulges and ejector swipes on them where some would have none at all. I could also feel the inconsistencies in recoil while firing. No more WWB for me in this rifle.

All other brass I have put through it so far have shown none of this.

The flutes in the chamber just leave soot marks but no etching on the necks, and it comes right off after wet tumbling.

582 rds so far with a couple of failures to go into battery due to my own handloads which was cured by going to a SB die.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:57:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

@vmpglenn

Thanks so much for your reply.

Does the cmt handguard use a standard AR15 barrel nut?

Thanks again for your help / reply.

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 2:00:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Got the rogue, can't wait to get rid of it. Wish i would have got the Sig version.
View Quote

@ThatGuyTheCooler

Why do you wish that? What don't you like about the Rogue and what makes the Sig better.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 2:55:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks for that input gman.  I wouldn’t mind selling a couple of DPMS LR308s and get one POF.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 2:59:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

@vmpglenn

Thanks so much for your reply.

Does the cmt handguard use a standard AR15 barrel nut?

Thanks again for your help / reply.

View Quote

The CMT handguard comes with its own barrel nut that fits AR15 upper receivers -- so it uses an AR15 compatible barrel nut, but not a standard AR15 barrel nut. Hope that makes sense.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 3:04:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Thanks for that input gman.  I wouldn’t mind selling a couple of DPMS LR308s and get one POF.
View Quote

Welcome brother

I traded a DPMS Gll small frame 308 that I really loved and I have zero regrets.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 3:54:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The CMT handguard comes with its own barrel nut that fits AR15 upper receivers -- so it uses an AR15 compatible barrel nut, but not a standard AR15 barrel nut. Hope that makes sense.
View Quote

Thanks. Makes perfect sense.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Try getting a replacement barrel for the revolution.  I asked their CS on how to get one.  You have to send in the upper so they can verify that it needs replacing, then because it is "so complicated" only they can replace it for you.  There is no way, unless someone else knows of one, to get a replacement barrel to have on hand.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:  Try getting a replacement barrel for the revolution.  I asked their CS on how to get one.  You have to send in the upper so they can verify that it needs replacing, then because it is "so complicated" only they can replace it for you.  There is no way, unless someone else knows of one, to get a replacement barrel to have on hand.
View Quote

Not to have on hand, but after you've shot out the OEM bbl, or you want to replace it or run a different caliber, remove the bbl extension, & send it & a bbl blank to Paladin Machine in South Carolina.

They did me a pencil 27" for my oldest girl's rifle, very pleased.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 5:15:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Try getting a replacement barrel for the revolution.  I asked their CS on how to get one.  You have to send in the upper so they can verify that it needs replacing, then because it is "so complicated" only they can replace it for you.  There is no way, unless someone else knows of one, to get a replacement barrel to have on hand.
View Quote

They're full of it.

I had my Revolution barrel off to shim it a bit to tighten the fit.

Used a regular ar15 barrel wrench, a PRI barrel nut wrench to be exact.

Was no different than any other setup.

I may call one of these days and ask for a spare barrel and see what they tell me, and if I get the same story I'm going to tell them I had mine off with regular as15 tools, and then see what they say.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:46:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

They told me the same thing. Honestly. It's kind of bullshit. If we get enough people to complain, they may start selling them. They sell 300 BLk, 300 Legend, and 5.56 online. What if I want to change from the 16 to 12? Shouldn't have to buy a brand new rifle. I understand that it has a different barrel extension, but that's about it.

Also, total lie about the 'complicated'. Took me < 5 min. Hardest thing was removing the staked gas block set screws. Who the hell stakes those anyways?
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 7:53:05 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm happy with my DPMS GIIs but I agree, small frames are the future of AR10s. The old large frames feel like a brick in comparison.

My GIIs are pretty awesome now.  All it took was new barrels with extended gas lengths, Superlative adjustable gas blocks, the A5 buffer system, and SLR handguard. So, basically all the stuff the POF comes with out the box. At the time DPMS was the only small frame game in town, no ragrets. I can't keep an AR stock anyway.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:02:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:  I'm happy with my DPMS GIIs but I agree, small frames are the future of AR10s. The old large frames feel like a brick in comparison.
View Quote

We've been saying small frames are the future, but DPMS Gen 1 is still the de facto standard, as far as I can tell.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 7:02:32 PM EDT
[#39]
My Rogue really likes Tula 150gr steel cased ammo. It's the second-most accurate load I've tried so far (1st place is Hornady 168gr Amax). I shot out the center of the target at 50 yards like I was at a carnival - full 20rd mag about as fast as I could pull the trigger.

This rifle continues to impress.

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 7:48:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Hell yeah brother, I'm still being impressed by mine every time I take it out!!

Mine likes the 168's the most.

The Tula's are also better than Winchester in my Revolution at 50-100 yds.

My 150gr Hornady handloads were not too shabby either but nowhere near as impressive as just about all factory 168's I've tried in it, especially the GGG and S&B's.

Went out on Tues. with some 168gr smk handloads and tested at 150yds with some Ramshot Tac. It did best with a charge about 5% lower than max.  After that the groups started opening up to 2-3" and was showing some slight pressure signs. Being I needed a Small base die I think my chamber may be on the tight side.

Gun is too expensive to be beating on it at the higher charges, and I value my ugly face and eyes too much.

Hopefully this charge will be the winner for accuracy and consistency.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 9:20:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Hell yeah brother, I'm still being impressed by mine every time I take it out!!

Mine likes the 168's the most.

The Tula's are also better than Winchester in my Revolution at 50-100 yds.

My 150gr Hornady handloads were not too shabby either but nowhere near as impressive as just about all factory 168's I've tried in it, especially the GGG and S&B's.

Went out on Tues. with some 168gr smk handloads and tested at 150yds with some Ramshot Tac. It did best with a charge about 5% lower than max.  After that the groups started opening up to 2-3" and was showing some slight pressure signs. Being I needed a Small base die I think my chamber may be on the tight side.

Gun is too expensive to be beating on it at the higher charges, and I value my ugly face and eyes too much.

Hopefully this charge will be the winner for accuracy and consistency.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/133585/20220525_1446378_jpg-2398131.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/133585/20220525_152209_jpg-2398133.JPG
View Quote

Nice groups!

Yep, 168s are the sweet spot for sure.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 2:05:57 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm considering getting a Revolution; I like the idea of ambi controls and the adjustable gas block for suppressor use.

But I just love the idea of this platform. Previously, I thought that my M&P10 was as light and ergonomic as a .308 AR gets.

So since the receiver extension and spring are proprietary, is this therefore not compatible with the Magpul UBR gen2?
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 7:48:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm considering getting a Revolution; I like the idea of ambi controls and the adjustable gas block for suppressor use.

But I just love the idea of this platform. Previously, I thought that my M&P10 was as light and ergonomic as a .308 AR gets.

So since the receiver extension and spring are proprietary, is this therefore not compatible with the Magpul UBR gen2?
View Quote

The UBR Gen 2 looks like it accommodates A5 sized buffers, so it might actually work with the POF spring and buffer.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 7:57:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The UBR Gen 2 looks like it accommodates A5 sized buffers, so it might actually work with the POF spring and buffer.
View Quote

If I am understanding correctly though, the POF uses a proprietary receiver extension length, that is in between carbine and A5.
Carbine: 7" RE
POF: 7½" RE
A5: 7¾" RE
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 9:01:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If I am understanding correctly though, the POF uses a proprietary receiver extension length, that is in between carbine and A5.
Carbine: 7" RE
POF: 7½" RE
A5: 7¾" RE
View Quote

Might be a $0.75 solution to that. Could be $1.00
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 9:15:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Might be a $0.75 solution to that. Could be $1.00
View Quote

Haha that is a good point
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 8:41:32 AM EDT
[#47]
No experience with 308 POFs, but the 556 guns I’ve owned worked fine for their limited amount of range use.  However, POF in classes seem to be the first “high end” AR to choke.  I don’t know why.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 9:43:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:  No experience with 308 POFs, but the 556 guns I’ve owned worked fine for their limited amount of range use.  However, POF in classes seem to be the first “high end” AR to choke.  I don’t know why.
View Quote

Think their standard AR is a piston gun, maybe requires more cleaning?  The Rogue is a normal DI gun.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 11:41:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Think their standard AR is a piston gun, maybe requires more cleaning?  The Rogue is a normal DI gun.
View Quote

Yeah, even the Rogue, which is supposed to be stripped back to essentials only, has stuff like two little threaded plastic inserts in the lower to "tighten" the upper to lower fit. Completely unnecessary and just two extra holes in the lower that don't need to be there. Frankly, I had zero interest in POF guns until they introduced the lower-priced Rogue.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 2:44:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Frankly, I had zero interest in POF guns until they introduced the lower-priced Rogue.
View Quote

Frank would be pleased.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top