Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/28/2020 10:39:16 PM EDT
Anyone have one yet?  It appears they are out in the wild now.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 12:37:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes I purchased one from cflgunandtactical
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 12:52:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm interested in this from what I've read. But am I the only person who hasn't had good luck with Ruger' rimfire magazines? Years ago I had a 10-22. I got rid of it for 2 reasons. I didn't like the disassembly method required to clean the gun. But I hated the magazines. No way to keep them clean. The followers would get gunked up and feed too slow to keep up with the bolt. I tried numerous things, but nothing that worked that great.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 11:42:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Had a chance to shoot it yet?  Accurate?  Does it look like the barrel can easily be cut down (profile?)?

Thank you.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:05:31 AM EDT
[#4]
It steps down and gets pretty thin so I don’t know about cutting it down and threading. I shot 300 rounds of various stuff and new out the box it favors the high velocity for sure.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:49:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Haven’t shot mine yet.

Swapped out the crappy trigger for a POF 3.5lb trigger I had in the safe.

You can dry fire it according to POF.

Probably will end up with a LAW tactical folder and another type of brace or a thumb screw so I can adjust the stock faster.

I will post more photos later of the BCG and internals.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:03:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you.  I’m waiting on one to show up.  The 8” barrel is a bit of a bother.  I’d really like to recess the can into the handguard at least a couple of inches.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:40:06 PM EDT
[#7]
If they had an option for adding a longer handguard I would be excited.  

As it the gun is pretty cool. Internals are pretty simple which is good.  

Bolt handle just pulls out and there is a rubber bolt buffer at the rear.  

The 15 round mag is about perfect imho with handling characteristics.

Here’s some more pics

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:22:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I have had it to the range twice.

1st time to the impromptu range wasn’t so great.  I tried 3 different types of ammo and 3 different magazines. Couldn’t make it through a mag without a failure to reset the trigger. 60 rounds shot.

Contacted POF just to ask a few questions and they wanted me to send it back in.

I told them I wanted to try some different ammo and let it have a chance to break in.

Took all apart and wiped off the excess lube.

Went to the range last night and loaded up my butlercreek 25 round mag, my 15 round ruger and 2- 10 round ruger mags.  

Had federal Automatch bulk in most with Eley action in the 10 round mag.

Not a hiccup or problem. Had my boy put another 100+rounds through it.

If it keeps shooting like this it might be the gun that Gets used the most at the range. My kids loved it and it was a blast.

Will test it more next week but for now it’s a win.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:23:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Would love to know how it shoots suppressed with CCI standard velocity rounds.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:03:19 PM EDT
[#10]
The Eley action are very close to CCi SV - they claim 1090 FPS

Eley ammo specs

They worked just fine.

Accuracy was minute of pop can at 50 yards with a red dot.  Tried to shoot one of my targets I was using to test ammo for my wife’s tikka T1x and I got a group of 2-3 inches with it spread mostly horizontally.  Going to order a 1-6 or 1-8 scope to drop on it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:35:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Any updates and/or good news about this gun?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:35:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Mine still runs like a top.

Would like a lighter trigger (3.5lb POF) because the gun is so dang light it makes the trigger feel heavy.

I just got the POF “booster” which is supposed to increase back pressure for guys shooting lower velocity stuff (not needed if you’re running it suppressed) but mine runs fine without it.

I need to do some more accuracy testing on it. Right now it’s minute of pop can at 50 yards with a 1-8 on it but I want it to do better.

Fun factor is off the scale for the kids.  My oldest want to do mag dumps all the time on targets.  

Can’t wait till pumpkin and apple season. They love shooting old apples and pumpkins and blowing them up.

If there is one thing I think they could improve it would be to have a reversible charging handle (I know it reciprocates) but overall super fun.

Also a SBA3 brace would be nice even if it adds weight
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Is it possible to replace the buffer tube with a pic rail plug and run a Sig MPX type stock?
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 10:01:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm interested in this from what I've read. But am I the only person who hasn't had good luck with Ruger' rimfire magazines? Years ago I had a 10-22. I got rid of it for 2 reasons. I didn't like the disassembly method required to clean the gun. But I hated the magazines. No way to keep them clean. The followers would get gunked up and feed too slow to keep up with the bolt. I tried numerous things, but nothing that worked that great.
View Quote

No, you aren't! I sold my 10-22 for the exact same two reasons. I cannot fathom why everyone else seems to love this magazine pattern. It's been 20 years, so maybe the mags have improved? I'm very interested in the POF myself.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 4:47:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the info, been looking at the Rebel myself.  Want a 22lr caliber pistol like this one.  Also considering a Tippmann 22LR one as well.  All aluminum rather than the poly lower on the Rebel, standard AR15 platform for front handguards.  But it has .223 style custom magazines vs the 10/22 magazines on the Rebel.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 2:09:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Took it out again on Saturday 90*+

functioning  was perfect with 7 different types of ammo.

Here’s the best accuracy so far
Attachment Attached File

Need to make sure everything is tight and maybe scrub the bore with the gunsmither tool to make sure the chamber is clean enough.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top