Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/4/2020 6:00:12 PM EDT
Just a few questions regarding true measurements/ tolerances. I want to use the following parts and want a flush looking fit. I plan on using the following parts:

8.5" barrel
9" handguard Troy Alpha or Spikes Bar2
1.57" in length A muzzle brake Cookie Cutter

Can a flush fit be achieved with the lengths of these parts? Or should I get a longer and cheaper handguard and cut to fit my desired style?

Thanks for your help!
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 1:08:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I am currently running an 8.5” barrel with a 9” Modern Armory handguard. I have a KVP linear comp which is 2.125” in length, plus a thread adaptor from 1/2-28 to 5/8-24 which adds and additional 1/8” or so, plus the length of the crush washer. What you’ll want to watch out for is the true length of the hand guard, most manufacturers round to the nearest 1/2”, so it may not be a true 9”.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top