Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2020 11:36:48 PM EDT
I dont have a large spare parts collection for BCGs or BC's...I am on the list for a LMT EBCG when they get in stock....

I like the Geissele products, for $109 is this a good BCG?  Will go into the spare parts bin, not tagged for a particular rifle at this time

Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:59:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes that's solid. Geissele does not make their own BCGs, I believe they are produced by AO precision which is a quality manufacturer. Shark arms has high quality phosphate chromed BCGs for a bit cheaper but it depends on if you value the G logo or not I suppose.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:04:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yes that's solid. Geissele does not make their own BCGs, I believe they are produced by AO precision which is a quality manufacturer. Shark arms has high quality phosphate chromed BCGs for a bit cheaper but it depends on if you value the G logo or not I suppose.
View Quote

I was wondering who made those.  It’s hard to see from the pics but can’t really tell if there are any markings (G) or not.  I need 2 more for my parts bin too.  Think I’m gonna hold out for Toolcraft to come back in stock.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:08:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I just saw a video by Instructor Chad on Youtube, he seems to have a lot of good feedback and support, and he went over a Geissele BCG and did not find any issues....in the video he referenced Colt a few times, not sure if he meant G mades Colts or vice versa.

Any way, it does look like a decent deal so will pick up one.

Chris with Small Arms Solutions touts BCGs by Micro Best Machines...but getting these guys to return a call or email is impossible,  I have been trying since Christmas, so no COVID excuses are valid.

Thanks,

ETA:  Just ordered one along with some Radian ambi safeties (the best ambi safety out there)
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:26:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I like TomTactical nitride BCGs. $100 and free shipping. Slick BCGs.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 1:50:25 AM EDT
[#5]
The Geisseles, by all reports, are just AO Precision, but for typical Geissele markup. Righttobear usually has AO Precision BCGs for like $80. I see no reason to give Geissele money for rebranded stuff I can buy elsewhere.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 6:04:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Geisseles, by all reports, are just AO Precision, but for typical Geissele markup. Righttobear usually has AO Precision BCGs for like $80. I see no reason to give Geissele money for rebranded stuff I can buy elsewhere.
View Quote

That is a good point....

I did order, I will take to this time,,,But I did learn, I have heard of a lot of manufacturers,  but AO Precision is new to me, never heard of them, so I did learn something.  For BCGs, I have heard about Micro Best, Toolcraft, Bootleg, and other large companies but not AOP.

Thanks for the comments and feedback
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 7:51:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just saw a video by Instructor Chad on Youtube, he seems to have a lot of good feedback and support, and he went over a Geissele BCG and did not find any issues....in the video he referenced Colt a few times, not sure if he meant G mades Colts or vice versa.

Any way, it does look like a decent deal so will pick up one.

Chris with Small Arms Solutions touts BCGs by Micro Best Machines...but getting these guys to return a call or email is impossible,  I have been trying since Christmas, so no COVID excuses are valid.

Thanks,

ETA:  Just ordered one along with some Radian ambi safeties (the best ambi safety out there)
View Quote

Pretty sure that G was originally selling Colt bcg’s. May be we are assuming they are still Colt? Not sure, but I doubt G would put their name on a turd anyways.

As far as microbest goes, I feel like I trust them the most. Seems like a high quality product with precision and consistency. I believe Chad was finding almost exact tolerance in all he inspected. But if you’re looking for microbest, Sionics is about the best deal around, but Centurion, Daniel Defense and SOLGWs are all using them. Sionics has upgraded springs and gas key screws, and Centurion is marking the cam pin for direction, and possibly other upgrades now. DD and SOLGW are charging more $$.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:12:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Pretty sure that G was originally selling Colt bcg’s. May be we are assuming they are still Colt? Not sure, but I doubt G would put their name on a turd anyways.

As far as microbest goes, I feel like I trust them the most. Seems like a high quality product with precision and consistency. I believe Chad was finding almost exact tolerance in all he inspected. But if you’re looking for microbest, Sionics is about the best deal around, but Centurion, Daniel Defense and SOLGWs are all using them. Sionics has upgraded springs and gas key screws, and Centurion is marking the cam pin for direction, and possibly other upgrades now. DD and SOLGW are charging more $$.
View Quote

Thanks, good info...I really try stay OEM in the rifles,  my OCD,  in my LMT and KAC those will stay OEM for sure.  but want this one for my others, DD, ADM, PSA....my PWS rifles are proprietary BCGs with the long stroke piston

Bronc
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:03:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Just get Toolcrafts and use the money saved to buy more mags and ammo
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:13:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I think it's sad that the sale price is what the normal price should be based on what it is.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:24:29 PM EDT
[#11]
"Being off the same production line as bolt carrier groups found in carbines throughout the entire Department of Defense"

"Sourced from a Tier 1 supplier of the M4A1 carbine"

"Built by a Tier 1 supplier for the Department of Defense and built on the same line as BCGs in use by the military. "

Speculation runs rampant. I'd rather know the pedigree than guess at those prices personally.

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:52:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That is a good point....

I did order, I will take to this time,,,But I did learn, I have heard of a lot of manufacturers,  but AO Precision is new to me, never heard of them, so I did learn something.  For BCGs, I have heard about Micro Best, Toolcraft, Bootleg, and other large companies but not AOP.

Thanks for the comments and feedback
View Quote

$109 isn't a bad price. RTB jacked their prices up so not much difference really.

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 3:12:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I like the centurion $125 bcg, but shipping may kill the deal for some.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:23:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

As far as microbest goes, I feel like I trust them the most. Seems like a high quality product with precision and consistency. I believe Chad was finding almost exact tolerance in all he inspected. But if you’re looking for microbest, Sionics is about the best deal around, but Centurion, Daniel Defense and SOLGWs are all using them. Sionics has upgraded springs and gas key screws, and Centurion is marking the cam pin for direction, and possibly other upgrades now. DD and
SOLGW are charging more $$.
View Quote

A shoot, I’ve not been putting my cam pin back the same way every time...
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:23:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As far as microbest goes, I feel like I trust them the most. Seems like a high quality product with precision and consistency. I believe Chad was finding almost exact tolerance in all he inspected. But if you’re looking for microbest, Sionics is about the best deal around, but Centurion, Daniel Defense and SOLGWs are all using them. Sionics has upgraded springs and gas key screws, and Centurion is marking the cam pin for direction, and possibly other upgrades now. DD and
SOLGW are charging more $$.

Yeah, I’m an idiot too. Been doing it wrong all these years. New fad. I trust these folks know more than I do
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 3:29:29 AM EDT
[#16]
I looked on the Sionics website, and nothing less than 130....Beownells, ranged from 100 to 350 and more, all different manufacturers, LMT BCGs, 275 plus.

I did not look for any sale prices, this is just straight up website numbers

So I feel very good about the price I paid.

Last I looked a KAC SR25 BCG is over 800 if you can find them, I know apples to avocado's, just making a point

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:12:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I trust these folks know more than I do
View Quote

Unless you have 20 yrs experience as a SEAL team member, have developed and used your own products overseas in combat and worked at United States Naval Special Warfare Command in weapons development..it is quite likely.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I think it's sad that the sale price is what the normal price should be based on what it is.
View Quote

Supply and demand. Don't look into how much these actually cost to make. BCM actually increased the price of their BCGs.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 5:54:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yeah, I’m an idiot too. Been doing it wrong all these years. New fad. I trust these folks know more than I do
View Quote

Now I know what yall are talking about.....saw his video last night about the marked cam pins with a dimple

Now, I will say this, I understand what he is saying.  I am a retired machinery engineer, 39 years, high speed refinery equipment and we matched marked EVERYTHING during disassembly,  did I mention EVERYTHING?  This has a tremendous impact on machinery reliability and running positions.

And I am going to pled ignorance on this for the cam pin, was not thinking that granular on the bolt carrier.  So had mama order me a electric inscriber from Amazon....now that I am retired, everyday is a Saturday and I have a lot of time on my hands.

Bronc

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top