Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/2/2023 9:32:14 AM EDT
I recently purchased a S&W AR-15 upper in 5.45x39. When I took the upper home I noticed a strange looking bolt. On further inspection and removal of the hand guard I found a strange piston system. After hours of researched I discovered it was the osprey defense system. I was excited until I discovered it was the T&E model that was recalled for destroying rifles. The osprey system isn’t the issue it’s the carrier group that came with it. The final product contained a one piece carrier group and the issue was solved. Franklin armory has since purchased Osprey and haven’t been much help when I contacted them. I was told they are sold out of replacement one piece carriers and have no idea when or if production will resume. So after my long winded explanation…
Does anyone know of another BCG that will work with this system? Or does anyone know the old VP “Drew” and have his contact info? Thank you guys for the help!
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 6:34:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rpoL98] [#1]
without pics, can't say much.  but Adams Arms sells their one-piece piston bolt carrier.  You'd have to compare pics of the tombstone to determine compatibility.

since you're new:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Picture_posting_tutorial_and_PICTURE_test_thread/168-638569/?

i recommend imgur.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 3:48:45 PM EDT
[#2]
The Osprey website shows a one piece bolt carrier for $134.95.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 10:54:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OTDR] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By joelad:
The Osprey website shows a one piece bolt carrier for $134.95.
View Quote

But the onion is, is it actually available? And the answer is, unfortunately NO.

I have enough spare Osprey parts to build 2 systems, but none of it is for sale.

Op might want to do a WTB add in the EE.

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top