Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2022 10:22:46 PM EDT
Was lucky enough to get a couple neat items.

The first is an original 222 special wooden crate that was shipped to armalite for the tests. I have only ever seen one and this was imported from another country a few years ago with about 10 boxes of 222 special still in it. I think this is the very last armalite ar15 item I have needed to own every piece of the setup. I plan to make some repro boxes to fill it up with to make a neat display item

The second is truly a unique item! This is a jade green coffee cup that was acquired when the Costa Mesa plant closed down and the as 1 of 12 that were purchased from the sale. These were used in Eugene stoners office or break room where he would drink coffee!

I know it’s a really really obscure item but I couldn’t be happier with it! Just a neat little piece  of obscure armalite history

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:43:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Woah.  Nice finds.

Any markings on the bottom of the coffee mug ?
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:47:24 PM EDT
[#2]
You posses the DNA of Eugene Stoner!! All you need now is a healthy ovim and you can clone your own Eugene Stoner!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 11:10:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice finds!
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:23:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I was wondering who snagged that crate. I thought it would go for more. Glad to see it end up in good hands.

Interesting to see the coffee mug as well. I have a Fairchild mug with the Pegasus logo and I’d wondered if they were used at Armalite too with it being a subsidiary. Guess not.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:31:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was wondering who snagged that crate. I thought it would go for more. Glad to see it end up in good hands.

Interesting to see the coffee mug as well. I have a Fairchild mug with the Pegasus logo and I’d wondered if they were used at Armalite too with it being a subsidiary. Guess not.
View Quote

It’s funny you say that. I was the only bidder and the last 3 seconds of the auction I put a bid again more than double just to ensure I got it!

I was very surprised no one else touched it
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:48:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It’s funny you say that. I was the only bidder and the last 3 seconds of the auction I put a bid again more than double just to ensure I got it!

View Quote

The first one or two times the crate was up for auction, it did not receive any bids.  I’m glad it finally went to a good home.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:51:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The first one or two times the crate was up for auction, it did not receive any bids.  I’m glad it finally went to a good home.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gunbroker?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:26:38 AM EDT
[#8]
That's awesome!
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:15:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Gunbroker?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gunbroker?

Yes, Gun Broker
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Great finds with a cool history. Thanks for sharing!
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:17:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yes, Gun Broker
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gunbroker?

Yes, Gun Broker

No I did not get it off gunbroker. And I went back and saw it was listed once before so now I’m really glad you didn’t pull the trigger on it!

Surprised since some people saw it no one got it the first time but I’m happy to get it!
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:18:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Woah.  Nice finds.

Any markings on the bottom of the coffee mug ?
View Quote

‘Fire forge’ or something like that. Just the maker
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:57:57 PM EDT
[#13]
That's a "Victor" style coffee mug.  Never seen one that color before.  They're usually white or beige-tan.  Old school heavy duty.  I collect them.
 Good shaving mug too.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:27:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

‘Fire forge’ or something like that. Just the maker
View Quote

Is it “Fire King”?
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:00:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Victor mugs is a great story from WWII. I have a few and use one every day.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:39:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Victor mugs is a great story from WWII. I have a few and use one every day.
View Quote

Okay... I just gotta ask. What's the story on the mugs?
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 12:00:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Very cool finds.
The mug kinda looks like Sea-mist green fiesta ware.
Very mid century
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:53:25 PM EDT
[#18]
AEYOUNG a couple wonderful additions to your ArmaLite collection, thanks for posting photos of the 222 ammo crate and Eugenes coffee mug. Checked the kitchen cabinet and confirmed I have 8 white Victor coffee mugs I found at a thrift store years ago.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 7:22:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Cool beans OP.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 10:36:40 PM EDT
[#20]
i just googled sea mist green fiestaware mug and got this. had a good chuckle.

Fiesta dinnerware made from 1936-1972 may be radioactive. You can buy modern Fiesta ceramic dishes in just about any color of the rainbow, though the modern colors won't match the old colors. None of the dishes contain lead or uranium. None of the modern dishes are radioactive.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:32:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 7:47:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
i just googled sea mist green fiestaware mug and got this. had a good chuckle.

Fiesta dinnerware made from 1936-1972 may be radioactive. You can buy modern Fiesta ceramic dishes in just about any color of the rainbow, though the modern colors won't match the old colors. None of the dishes contain lead or uranium. None of the modern dishes are radioactive.
View Quote

The Orange, (AKA "Red") and creme are very active with Uranium.  Some trace radioactivity in some of the other glazes but not as much for sure.

I have a bit, my wife collected it and I used it in training  to show how common objects that have natural radioactivity.  the greens don't seem to have any detectable activity from my collection.

I wouldn't trust anything vintage for lead content, however I am not afraid of lead too much with all the lead projectiles and fishing sinkers I made.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:07:57 AM EDT
[#23]
It really looks more like one of these to me...

Fire King Jadeite C Handle Mug

Restaurant ware so, a company like ArmaLite could have purchased them from a supplier. Seem a bit rare, collectable, and pricey these days.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top